Need help exporting phone logs (call detail records) on a daily basis. What was the resolution to this?

I need to export all our phone call logs (Call detail records) daily as well.
I have no idea how to do this with automation. If anyone can provide me the steps, code, utility, etc I will appreciate it. But so far I am striking out in this forum as a newbie to API. Might be a beer in it for you. :slight_smile:

Continuing the discussion from Hitting Maximum Number of API Requests?:

Hey @twasielewski,

Thanks for reaching out, and happy to point you in the right direction!

To that end, I think you’ll want to start with this endpoint, which returns a users call logs:

I might recommend first calling the List Users endpoint to get all the userIds you’re interested in (if you don’t already have them handy):

Then you can pass those respective Ids into the GET User’s Call Logs endpoint.

Let me know if this is what you’re looking for!

Best,
Will

For Christ sake Will, I’m a network engineer not a programmer. (LOL, trying to rebrand a line from Start Trek and Doctor McCoy). But in all honesty, I am an engineer not a programmer and could benefit from someone sharing a coded solution. I can’t be the first nor the last ZOOM phone CORPORATE customer that needs call detail records for cost recovery and corporate security requirements. Thanks for anything you can send over or any youtube videos you can point me to.

@twasielewski Ha! I hear you—in that case, I think you’ll find our code generation tool within the documentation most helpful. Our APIs are platform agnostic, so you can use this tool to generate the necessary code snippet for any of our endpoints. Just go to the endpoint of interest (you can try this with the links I provided above) and scroll down to “Send a test request”:

If you select the code generation tab, you can get the exact code you need (minues the user credentials and auth token which you’ll need to plugin).

I hope this helps!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.