I’m having difficulties integrating Closed Captioning support into a custom macOS app via the Zoom Client SDK.
- Even if I’m the meeting host/organizer and I’ve enabled Closed Captioning in my Zoom advanced settings, the
isMeetingSupportCloseCaption, and I receive
- If I log into the same meeting, with the same host/user, but in the Zoom desktop client, I can successfully send CC messages. Those messages are then received by the SDK in my custom app (for the same user) and reported via
- If I attempt to assign CC privileges to another user via the SDK
assignCCPriviledgeTo, that works succesfully, and other users (in the Zoom Mac desktop client) can then send CC messages which the SDK receives
Which macOS Client SDK version?
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Enable Closed Captioning support for your Zoom host in Advanced Settings
- Create a meeting and join as Host
- Retrieve the CC controller via
- Check the values of the controller for:
canSendClosedCaption. Both return
- On a separate machine, join the same meeting with the same host account.
- On the Zoom desktop client, this same user can successfully enter CC messages (which the SDK receives via the
- However, as noted in step 4, the SDK reports that this exact same host user cannot send messages, and that CC is not supported for the meeting (even though the Zoom client can successfully send CC messages to this meeting)
- Join the meeting as a separate user in the Zoom desktop client, and via the SDK attempt to assign CC privileges to that user with
- Notice that this succeeds, and that user (in the Zoom desktop client) can then send CC messages successfully.
I thought perhaps as host I needed to call
assignCCPriviledgeTo: with the host’s own ID, but if I attempt that I simply get a
Device (please complete the following information):
- Device: Macbook Pro 13"
- OS: macOS Big Sur 11.2.3
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The gist of the issue is that the SDK, although able to receive CC messages in the meeting from the host in the Zoom client, seems to report that the same exact user (host), in the same exact meeting, cannot send CC messages via
sendClosedCaptionMessage (even though the Zoom client allows it).
Further, the SDK reports through
-[ZoomSDKCloseCaptionController isMeetingSupportCloseCaption] that the meeting does not support CC, even though messages can actively be received.
The SDK allows me (as host) to assign CC privileges to another Zoom desktop client user for example, but I can’t find a way as host to send messages via