Host’s Virtual background preferences so that they don’t have to change those settings for every session

Host’s Virtual background preferences so that they don’t have to change those settings for every session.

Example:
If I set my camera background as blurred for one session, that should be the case for all my future sessions unless I explicitly change it.

Hey @vishwajeetbhosale ,

This is a good idea. We are thinking of exposing a Virtual Background image URL option in the config.

var config = {
  videoSDKJWT: '',
  sessionName: 'SessionA',
  userName: 'UserA',
  sessionPasscode: 'abc123',
  features: ['video', 'audio', 'share', 'chat', 'users', 'settings'],
  virtualBackground: "URL_HERE"
}

This would allow you to cache it on your end in your users’ profile, localstorage, or similar.

Would that work for you?

Best,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, that will be grate if we can pass the URL of image from config but what if user chose background from settings, which Zoom provides by default will that work?

Hey @vishwajeetbhosale ,

Perhaps we can offer an event listener so you can save their selection change option.

Or maybe we can have an option to remove the default background options and allow you to set one on your end?

Either way I think the event listener would be a good approach.

Best,
Tommy

@tommy, How can I get image URL of images which are available under the settings (Provided by Zoom) by using event listener?

Hey @vishwajeetbhosale ,

What I meant was, would you like to be able to set all the available virtual background images yourself, vs. us providing defaults?

Best,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Setting up virtual background by ourself is very good option and we want to set only one image from our end.

Also keep current default images which will be helpful who is not using custom images in their case.

In short we will use config setting to set virtual background using our custom image as per our requirement and the images provided by Zoom will stay there so any one can use.

You need to provide a sample code for that, How we can pass the URL to a config property.