How can I get the phone number of a call that comes to me through a call queue via the Zoom phone API?

Description
We just switched from 3CX to Zoom phones. We were able to pull the phone number from a call that came through and inject it into our CRM. Is there a way to pull the phone number from a call that comes through via the call queue or from a connected call using an API call?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I believe this would be done via JWT or a webhook.

I was able to use GET /phone/users/{userId}/call_logs API to get the caller_number. It seems that the log is only created after the call is ended. Is there any way to get the caller number while the call is in progress?

Hi @sphuga10 ,

How about these API endpoints and/or webhook options?:

Depending on your configuration, these could work for your needs! Check the response schemas for the phone numbers.

Thank you,
Gianni

Looking at the call logs(https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-phone-api/dashboard/getcalllogmetricsdetails) does not seam to work. I might be wrong but the call log does show the call until it ends. Is this correct?

The API did not give me real time information. I tried the webhook for callee answered and it looks like is for outbound calls. I then tried the webhook with the subscription to caller connected and it looks like it is what I needed. Thanks for your help!

Hey @sphuga10,

Thanks for following up on this. I’m glad to hear that everything seems to be working!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.