How do I get a meeting time when I didn't create the meeting?

I’m using the WebSDK to embed a zoom meeting into my HTML5 app using an IFRAME. I’ve got that part working great! These meetings are generated by my customers, not by me, so I was thrilled to discover that I can embed meetings even though I didn’t create them.

If the meeting is set for a particular time, I’d like my web app to be able to get that information. I see the info I need is in the GET /meetings/{meetingId} API, and if I use a JWT token for auth, that works if I created the meeting. But if someone outside my organization created the meeting, then I just get
{“code”:3001,“message”:"Meeting does not exist:…etc…

Is there some other API to get the time (and duration) of any random meeting using my own client secret or using no auth at all?

Hey @jesmith

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Alas, DeveloperBot, those do not answer my question.

Hey @jesmith,

Great question—Happy to shine some more light on this for you.

I see the info I need is in the GET /meetings/{meetingId} API, and if I use a JWT token for auth, that works if I created the meeting.

The above is exactly right—if you’re looking for meeting info under your own account, a JWT app is account based and will serve your needs great. However, it sounds like you’re more interested in getting meeting details (time) for meetings created outside of your account.

In this case, you would need to create an OAuth app to request that users authorize said app to provide you with access to their authorized data. You can find more information on how to implement this here:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/oauth-app

Let me know if this helps to clarify!

Best,
Will

I was afraid that would be the answer. In this case, going through an OAuth dance is probably more work for the user than just re-entering the time. Thanks for the reply.

Hey @jesmith No problem—happy to help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.