How does the Zoom API capture the case where a host assigns another host and leaves

I am referring to this piece of documentation here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362573-Passing-host-controls-to-leave-the-meeting

In this case when a host passes host to someone else and then leaves the meeting, is the new host considered an Alternative Host or a Co-Host? Using the Zoom API/webhooks, how can I know that this event occurred and how can I know who the new host is?

Hi @ogen.odisho_zp
Thanks for reaching out to us!
This is a great question! Allow me to do some testing on my end and I will come back to you with more details
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom , just wondering if there’s been any updates to this. I’m worried this post will automatically be closed due to time.

Hi @ogen.odisho_zp
Sorry for the late reply here!
I did some testing on my end by starting a meeting and then assigning host privileges to another participant and I am not able to see this change on the host via API.

1 Like

Hi @elisa.zoom , no worries. That’s unfortunate, I guess this also kind of relates to the feature request I raised here: Update `host_id` property to reflect the host of the meeting as opposed to the creator of the meeting. Hopefully in the future Zoom APIs can tell us the “true” host of a meeting because at the moment consumers have to workaround the issue which is not ideal in my opinion. Thank you.

@ogen.odisho_zp
I totally understand and appreciate your feedback. Thanks for that feature request, I will keep my eye on it
Cheers,
Elisa