How to assign zoom 1000 large meeting license for bulk users

Hi All,

I am trying to find a way to assign 1000 large meeting license to user whenever new user account provisioned.

Hi @mani.p,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question. You can assign licenses to new or existing users programmatically using our Update User/Update User Settings endpoints. Please see my post here on how to do this, and let me know this helps clarify:

Thanks!
Will

Hi @mani.p,

I’m not sure on how you’ve got your user provisioning set up, the account I admin (I use my personal email for the DevForum, incase I change employer and lose my work email) uses JIT provisioning, through SSO.

I configued the SAML mapping that provides a user with a Full license, to also assign them a Large Meeting and Webinar 500 license, as that’s what we decided all of our full license holders would get.

This means that with a single SAML attribute being passed in the SSO handshake, the user gets a Full license, plus the large meeting and webinar 500 'add-on’s on their account.

So far, I’ve not found any conflict either with then managing larger webinar license ad-hoc, as we have a small number of these and the adjustment of who these are assigned to is very low, so managing these manually is very light touch.

Hope this helps! :grin:

1 Like

Great suggestions and thanks for jumping in, @philip.ross! :slight_smile:

Hi @philip.ross ,

Thanks for your input. we are also using SAML mapping to provisioning the users and provide licensed. i have tried attribute name to add webinar 500 in add-on plan. but i couldn’t achieve. May i know which attribute you used for this.

Oh great! Sounds like I might be able to help out here then! :smiley:

Under the SAML Response Mapping tab, under the SAML Advanced Information Mapping section, I input the same SAML Attribute, and the same SAML Value in both the Licence Type fields, and the Add-on Plan fields.

If you’re not having much luck, are you able to share a screenshot of these two fields from your account?

1 Like

Hey @mani.p,

Does that information help with what you are looking to accomplish? When it comes to SSO, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Support Team as they will be able to assist you directly.

Thank you for the assistance here @philip.ross!

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM ,

i have checked on it and i am working with Okta team to send attribute to zoom to achieve this. Will confirm here once i done. Thanks for your help on it.

Hey @mani.p,

I’m glad to hear that you have a path forward! Let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.