Does anyone know how to convert local Zoom files on a Mac when the conversion failed?

I am trying to convert the “double click to convert” audio and video files from a zoom recording but they failed to convert on my mac. Any chance someone knows how to get around this? I’ve changed the file names to .mp4 and .mpeg but that’s not doing the trick.

Thank you!!

5 Likes

Same happened to me friday. I then resolved it with a trick…
I make a new “meeting”, with only myself inside. Started a recording, then after some a few second I stopped it, BUT I DIDN’T END the meeting.
In a folder inside documents/zoom/ named with date/time, I’ve located a new “double click to convert” file; I swapped it with the file I needed to convert, then I stopped the meeting. Voila! Zoom successfully converted it. Let me know if it works for you.

9 Likes

Oh my god, it WORKED. Thank you SO much. How did you know to do this??!!! I have literally been trying to figure this out since February and was about to give up. You have literally given me months of my life back. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Seriously, this is such a gift. This was an important recording for me, and you just gave that to me. You have made my month and more importantly, shared such a kindness and helping hand and you could’ve easily ignored my request. Thank you X a million!!!

3 Likes

I’m actually so happy for you !
Friday I was so afraid because it seems a 42 minutes very important video chat with some talent was lost. I know how programs work, I tried and… I was lucky! So happy it was useful for you too!
And I appreciate you’re taking the time to write me back, thank you! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and glad to hear that everything is working fine now. Just would like to provide some extra info and do a summary for this:

If you need to manually convert the local recording files, you may:

1. Visit the location where the local recording files are store, the default path would be: ~/Documents/Zoom
  2. Find the file double click to convert and double click it to convert
  3. If the “double click to convert” file is not working, you may use the trick that @gbtondo mentioned above

Happy Zooming!

1 Like

Hi gbtondo. could you help me. I create recurring meeting and on 28 Apr i have problem with the double_click_convert file. How to use your trick? becaus i am running the meeting right now… thank you for your time to help me.

Thank you so much. It has been such a relief to be able to use this video now. I am so happy you were able to get yours to work too. It is a scary moment when you think you’ve lost something you’ve worked hard on! Thank you again :blush:

could you help me… it not working on me…help me please…

Really need help here… Create meeting with breakout meeting. But the recording cannot convert. Have done new meeting and swap file but its not working. Please help me please!

Hello, I just noticed your message, sorry.

The trick worked for me on an apple computer (macbook air), with a standard meeting,
I never used recurrent or breakout meeting.

Anyway, if you try the “hot swap” method just BE SURE that you do it AFTER you stopped recording your fake meeting but BEFORE you click “end meeting”.

You’ll find a new folder with today date with a file inside name “double_click_convert file”, (that you must swap with your unconverted file)… If you find an already converted file (like name.mp4) you can’t do the trick.

If it didn’t work probably I cant help. I suggest that you write back here exactly why it doesn’t work, tell the entire story…

1 Like

I get this error, both ways. What do I do here? There is no application set to open the document “double_click_to_convert_01.zoom”.

That’s OK, the double click doesn’t work on newer version of the client.

If you make a fake meeting, start recording, locate the folder where the meeting is being recorded, then stop the recording, swap the file just generated with your files (ALL OF THEM, if you have more than one, like " double_click_to_convert_01.zoom, double_click_to_convert_02.zoom etc) and THEN end the meeting, immediately client starts converting showing a long bar… it can take a lot.

If it doesn’t work, I can’t help, sorry, Maybe some files are corrupted and cannot be converted.

i can convert my file but only audio, the video is freeze.

Do you have any idea to have the file back? the double_click_convert.zoom
because i think i do a mistake, and i want to do it once again…

1 Like

No, I’m sorry. I duplicated it before trying. I think that everything you find in the .mp4 file was the same in the " double_click_to_convert" file, so maybe file was corrupted when writing. I’m sorry I can’t help, may someone from ZOOM can help…?

1 Like

no reply from them…huhu

It worked! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It helped me!

1 Like

Thank you very much for helping out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

If you are facing issues when converting local recording, you may also refer to the support page for more info:

If you are still facing issues with the recording conversion process, as this component is out of the scope of Zoom Marketplace(which is this forum for), please contact Zoom support at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003 and one of the Zoom experts will be happy to assist you.

Thank you!

1 Like