Local recording no longer able to be converted for ISV sub-accounts?

Description
When local recording failed to convert a file, my customers used to be able to find the file and double click it to convert it. The issue is that my customers are recording a file, the file’s not converting, but now they cannot convert it themselves any more.

Error
This page: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-Recording#h_b849a2a7-7788-4fff-9c3f-2fdf081a424d now says: Note: For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can’t convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to convert the files.

However, due to how Zoom has set up ISV partners, my customers cannot log into the Zoom app and effectively my customers no longer have the ability to record on their computer. Can you please explain if this is truly the case? If not, can they still log into the Zoom app without an account to convert the file?

Hey @Greg_Kilwein,

Have you tried a third party api that can convert the local recording programmatically?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, I haven’t. Do you know of such tools? If so, do you have some links?

What file format is the unconverted recording saved in? This hasn’t happened to me personally so I don’t even know what file format it is saved in when this happens. If I can just point people to a specific tool to convert it, that would be awesome. Right now some of my customers are stuck without being able to convert a saved recording, effectively making recordings unable to be used.

Hey @Greg_Kilwein,

Unfortunately this is outside the scope of the Zoom App Marketplace.

Can you please reach out to support.zoom.us as they will be able to better assist. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy