How to decrease the size of the wasm file the first time it loads

Hi team,

I had problems when I first loaded a page containing the Zoom Web SDK, the page loading process took quite a long time.

after I checked it turned out that the wasm file size was quite large.

how do I reduce the size of the wasm file so that the page loading process can be faster?
or is there an alternative way I can use?

Thank you.

Hey @agus.wiranata,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Is this the size you’re seeing when testing with the Sample Web App as well? If not, can you share more details about your implementation? What framework - if any - are you using?

Thanks,
Max

Hey Max,

Thank you for replying to my question.

I’m using the .NET framework, and for the implementation I followed the method I got from Sample Web Apps.

I’ve also tried running the Sample Web App and the results are the same, here’s the capture:

Thank you.

Regards,
Agus Wiranata

Hey @agus.wiranata,

Thank you for following up on this! We, unfortunately, don’t have a method to reduce the size of that WASM file. I’ll note that while that may be a large file it does improve the performance of the SDK by using WASM over standard JS.

We plan to release a component-driven version of the SDK which should also allow you to tailor the dependencies used a bit more.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.