How to get assignee_extension_ids for POST /phone/devices request

I’m trying to use POST /phone/devices to add devices and associate them with common areas.

The API requires either the assigned_to or assignee_extension_ids property. I don’t see a way to get the extension_id for a common area however.

The GET /phone/common_areas/{commonAreaId} response includes the extension_number but not the extension_id.

Is there a mechanism to resolve extension_ids that I’m overlooking?

If not, is there a way to create unassigned devices through the API (so I could then assign the device using the update common area settings operation)?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @kris.seraphine
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer forum !
Have you been able to troubleshoot this on your end or are you still looking for guidance/assistance on this?

Yes, I was able to resolve this issue.

I am able to assign a common area to a device by using the common area ID in the assignee_extension_ids array.

Thanks for the follow up though.

1 Like

Based on the information you provided, it seems that the API you are working with requires an extension ID to associate devices with a common area, but you are unable to find a way to retrieve the extension ID for a common area.

One possible solution is to use the API endpoint for retrieving a list of all extensions and filtering the results to find the extension ID for the common area. You can then use this ID to associate the devices with the common area using the POST /phone/devices endpoint.

Alternatively, you could create unassigned devices through the API using the POST /phone/devices endpoint with the assigned_to property set to null. After creating the devices, you can update the common area settings using the PUT /phone/common_areas/{commonAreaId} endpoint to assign the devices to the common area.

Keep in mind that the specific implementation details may vary depending on the API you are working with, so it’s always a good idea to consult the API documentation or contact the API provider for guidance on how to achieve your desired functionality.