How to get vanity Id from zoom sdk

I want to use StartMeetingWithParams function and for that, I have to pass vanityId as a parameter.
Please tell me from where I can get this?

Hi @shraddhap,

The vanity ID is not actually required to start a meeting. For most use cases, you only need to provide the meeting number when starting a meeting as the host.

Thanks!

Okay. I get meetingId from create meet zoom API response and am passing that meetingId to StartMeetingWithParams function
But still am not able to start meeting
Here is the code
Please guide me if am missing something
code:
var meetingService = zoomSDK.MeetingService;
meetingService.StartMeetingWithParams(Android.App.Application.Context, new StartMeetingParams
{
MeetingNo = meetingId
});

Hi @shraddhap,

In order to start a meeting, you must have already authenticated through the host’s account. This can be done in one of 3 ways:

• Email/password login
  • Login via SSO token
  • Get ZAK token from Zoom REST API

Can you confirm whether not you are authenticated?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom With email and password login I could start the meeting.
Now is there any other way to start meeting as non login method?

Hi @tushars,

In order to start a meeting as host, some level of authentication is required in order to prevent any random user from being able to start your meeting posing as you.

The alternatives are providing a ZAK token through our REST API or signing in via SSO token after retrieving it from your provider. I am happy to provide more information on these approaches if you would like. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hello, I just want to know how do I start meeting using JWT token is there any reference or sample to generate JWT token or any api reference and for that what parameters required?

Get ZAK token from API I am using below code :

Code:
var clients = new RestClient(“https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/userid/token?type=zak”);
var requests = new RestRequest(Method.GET);
request.AddHeader(“authorization”, "Bearer ");

IRestResponse response = clients.Execute(request);

Response : Method not allowed

How do I authenticate account using Get ZAK token from Zoom REST API is this the right way? only generating ZAK token will it get authenticated?

Hi @tushars,

Here are a couple of helpful resources for using our REST API:

Please let me know if you have any questions related to the SDK and I will be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.