How to open Zoom meetings native application from webView

Description
I have implemented a webView in my android application. The webView has a link to join a zoom meeting via the app . When I click on it, the webview opens zoom app in my phone. I have zoom android sdk working in my application. Can I force it to open meeting from the sdk. The join link has meeting number which I need to send to the sdk to start the meeting

Error

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a webView in android
  2. Add zoom links like above and click on it from the webview.
  3. It opens zoom app and launches the meeting. I want to launch meeting using zoom sdk that I already have integrated with my application.

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @pushkar, thanks for using the dev forum.

If you attempt to open a Zoom meeting link on a device with the Zoom client installed, it will open the Zoom app by default. Instead, if you want to join or start the meeting through the SDK, you would need to pass the meeting number and passcode into the SDK through the MeetingService object. An example of how to do this can be found here.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this approach.

Thanks!

@pushkar If you want to launch you app by click web url, you should refer to ‘https://developer.android.com/training/app-links/deep-linking’.

eg. add this in AndroidManifest.xml activity node.

<intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE" />
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
        <data android:scheme="https" />
        <data android:host="*.zoom.us" />
        <data android:pathPattern="/j/.*"/>
    </intent-filter>

You can parse the url param by yourself, and join meeting by ’ MeetingService

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.