How to prevent auto authentication on join_url after using start_url?

This is not fixed. I am able to reproduce exactly as described in May last year. Being able to allow someone else to join as the host is actually desirable, but it must be just for that meeting.

However, I can clear the token on the Join URL if I add ‘?token=’ to the link, so perhaps that is the fix? Please confirm.

@matt_b are you already logged into zoom.us or the Zoom Client as the meeting host when you click on the join_url?

I wasn’t logged in no, thanks Will. I have noticed that if I am logged in to the website as the host the client logs in as the host, even though I’m not logged into the client, and even if I add ‘?token=’ to the url. Not that this is an issue, although I would not expect the zoom client to have access to my brower?

Hey @matt_b,

Thanks for clarifying. Can you share the exact steps to reproduce and the meeting URLs you’re using with us at developersupport@zoom.us so we can take a closer look? If you happen to have a screencast, this would be very helpful as well.

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom - I think my code was adding ?token= to a url that already contained parameters so the token parameter was being ignored. It seemed to work when I added &token= but I need to do a bit more dev and testing. If I am able to reproduce I’ll get in touch!

Ah, I see—thanks for clarifying @matt_b!

Reach back out if you see any issues. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

Hello,

Any news on this issue?

Let me explain again:

If I’m already connected to zoom.us website as a moderator, then when I use a guest link it logs in automatically as the moderator of the class…

Is there any way to force Zoom to ignore the cookies of Zoom.us and log-in based on the URL only?
(Maybe by adding something in the URL?)

Please advise,
Thanks

Hi @osdev,

Thanks for sharing this scenario—I do believe this would be expected behavior. If you’re logged in as a host or some other user with a specific role (co-host, panelist, etc.), the generic join_url will apply your role based on the profile of the user you’re logged in under already.

To avoid this and join as a regular guest, you would need to join via incognito or not logged in.

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom and thanks for your reply,

Would there be any way to bypass this?
For exemple by forcing Zoom.us to logout?

It’s a real issue for us, when for exemple: I prepare a classic Zoom link (including MeetingID and encrypted meeting password), and I’m adding “&uname=USERNAME” at the end to force a username. However, because the browser was logged-in to Zoom, it simply ignores the “uname” parameter and chooses the name of the zoom.us website account.

Or another exemple: I prepare a direct link for a host or a co-host (with the token in the link), but if that user was logged-in already to Zoom.us website, it will ignore the host name but enter the logged-in name in Zoom.us, despite the fact the user hasn’t requested anything…

If you could provide us a solution, that would be great!

Thanks

Hey @osdev,

I’m happy to help out here! The only options from here would involve a custom implementation, we don’t have anything out of the box.

You could try running JS UserScript to clear the zoom.us browser cache as needed but I’m not sure this is scalable across your use case.

Another option is to only use incognito windows and close them when the meeting is over.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max