How to promote participant that connected to webinar with Web Client SDK to panelist or unmute him?

Description/Error
Dear Staff,
Could help us to find a way to promote participant that connected to webinar with Web Client SDK to panelist and/or unmute him?
We use the way where the host tries to promote participant that connected to webinar with Web Client SDK 1.5.0 to panelist and permanently achieves error that inform us that “we use the old client Zoom version”. Do we have a chance at least unmute him?

Andrey

Hey @andrey.petrenko,

Have you tried the mute(params) function?

Example:

ZoomMtg.mute({
    userId: 16797696,
    mute: false
});

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/Web-Client-SDK/api-reference

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy, We us next options:
It’s a webinar were present 2 groups:

• panellists - use Zoom client SW
  • listeners/participants - use Web SDK HTML5 client
    Listeners/participants - always muted by default as we are talking about “webinar”…
    And the question is - How to unmute the particular Listener/participant?

Andrey

Hey @andrey.petrenko,

We will have an endpoint to make a participant a panelist in early Q4. You can track our release log here.

In the meantime, if you know the userId of the webinar participant who wants to be unmuted, you should be able to call this JS SDK function to unmute the participant:

ZoomMtg.mute({
    userId: 16797696,
    mute: false
});

Let me know if that works!

Thanks,
Tommy

Tommy,
Thank you for your support but you blowed our mind right now :slight_smile:
Are you sure that we can “to unmute listeners” in such way? We suspect that only way to do so is using button by host in the “Zoom client”.
Could you add more details or share a note regarding to this?

Andrey

1 Like

Hey @andrey.petrenko,

You are right, this feature is not available for the JS Web SDK as of now.

It can only be done by the webinar host in the Zoom Client.

We will have an endpoint to make a participant a panelist in early Q4. You can track our release log here.

Thanks,
Tommy

Any progress on this part. It appears that when I promote a participant to panelist, it simply restarts the call without any change. I am using websdk to be clear.,

My setup.

Webminar host is using Zoom App on Mac
Attendee is on Web App (using zoom web sdk)
Host promotes the attendee to panelist.
The zoom meeting restarts for the attendee. Instead of joining as a panelist, the attendee joins as an attendee.

@tommy this is a very critical feature for me.

Hey @nitin1,

Currently the Web SDK does not support attendees being promoted to panelists.

If you want this feature, I suggest using the Zoom Desktop / Mobile App.

Thanks,
Tommy

Ok - so I need to be able to unmute an attendee in WEBINAR - who is using the Web Client because of restrictions set upon them by their IT Security Department. I realize here I can not unmute an attendee.
But, if I were using the Web SDK in side of a webpage on my server - is this possible?

I am using the Desktop client.

Is this currently possible?

Hey @craigreilly,

Please see the Web SDK mute reference:

https://zoom.github.io/sample-app-web/ZoomMtg.html#mute

Thanks,
Tommy