How to receive Zoom's permission to use the SDK?

We wrote a mobile app using Zoom’s SDK and we intended to publish it in the Apple App Store for iOS.

Apple rejected the App saying:

Guideline 5.2.2 - Legal**

Although Zoom Video Communications, Inc. may allow general public to use their service, we still require the documentary evidence that you have all necessary rights or permissions to request, display, or distribute account information in your application.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please attach documentary evidence in the App Review Information section in App Store Connect. In accordance with section 3.2(f) of the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, you acknowledge that submitting falsified or fraudulent documentation can result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account and the removal of your apps from the App Store. Once Legal has reviewed your documentation and confirms its validity, we will proceed with the review of your app.

Can you help with this? From what I understand - please correct me if I’m wrong - that Apple is asking for Zoom’s written permission to use their SDK they publicly and intently provided to developers to build apps.

I hope that we didn’t invest countless hours into writing an app that builds on Zoom SDK just to throw it away. :sob:

Hi @tmiskiew,

Thanks for the post. This sounds new to us. We have other users/customers who are publishing their SDK apps to App Store and we have not heard any issues like this. And as long as you follow our license agreement here: https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/blob/master/LICENSE.md, currently we do not have any restrictions/conditions for using our SDK.

Could you briefly describe the steps of how you get the info from Apple? Were you submitting the app to App Store, and Apple reviews and reply to you with the above information?

Thanks!