How to set Audio options

Description
In the regular zoom.us application you have the audio options “Turn on original sound”, “High fidelity music mode”, “Echo cancellation” and “Stereo audio”. I have not found anything in the documentation, but is there any way to control these settings using the Web Video SDK?
If not, do you have plans of adding support for it soon?

Which Web Video SDK version?

Additional context
I am making a concert streaming application, so if it’s not possible to get good audio quality for music, then we cannot use this SDK.

Hey @brage.breivik ,

We do not offer audio options like s “Turn on original sound”, “High fidelity music mode”, “Echo cancellation” and “Stereo audio” with the Video SDK since we let the developer control the audio.

This is something you will need to configure on your end using a 3rd party audio configuration service.

Thanks,
Tommy

What exactly do you mean when saying that you let the developer control the audio? Except for selecting input and output, what can you actually do to control the audio? Is there a way to get hold of the actual raw audio signal?

We tested by sending music through a virtual audio device and using that as input device for the zoom video SDK and then listening to it by connecting a different client. Unfortunately, the audio quality for music was horrible. Any advice on how to improve this would be appreciated

1 Like

Hey @brage.breivik ,

Have you tried switching the VideoSDK audio source to the virtual or non virtual audio device that plays music / or has echo cancellation built in for example?

Thanks,
Tommy

Yes, switching audio source is exactly what I described above.

I still need answers to the above questions on how to control audio. It doesn’t matter how good our input source is if zoom ruins the audio during transfer, so we need a a way to avoid that

Hey @brage.breivik ,

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. I will get back to you on if it is possible to control / modify the audio. (ZOOM-279318)

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @brage.breivik ,

We are in the early stages of working on exposing raw audio stream data to SDK so that you may manipulate it as you see fit, but this is some time away.

In the meantime, I do recommend checking back with new releases as they roll out, as we do improve our audio logic with subsequent releases.

Are you using high-quality mics/speakers that are required for decent audio performance?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,

“Some time away” does not cut if for us. We are providing a solution for a customer, who has been expecting Zoom to deliver on its promises for quite some time now. You have been promising “HD Video & Audio” (Zoom Developer Solutions) ever since you promoted this new Video SDK. Perhaps you would be so kind as to elaborate on your definition of HD, and how and when you are planning to delivering on this promise, so that we may make a final decision on whether to continue holding our customer in suspense, or to move on to a streaming library which delivers as expected? I hope you understand our situation, and that we cannot afford to idle any longer.

Hey @frank.aakvik , @brage.breivik ,

Regarding Music with the Video SDK, we currently do not support original sound, so high-fidelity music will be degraded during transmission.

Regarding HD video (720p), we are planning to release it in web version 1.1.2.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi!

This has been very helpful, @tommy Thank you for elaborating.
We can now convey this information to our customer, and hopefully come to a final conclusion on further use of your SDK.

Thanks,
Frank

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.