How to start unlimited meeting with unknown host

Description
I want to build a website that can start meeting freely using our website, the problem is meetings can start when the meeting has a host but on my website, everyone can be the host and everyone can start meeting at the same time. how to do that

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Additional context
what should I do to make a feature like that, do I have to buy a zoom licency, if yes is that can handle unlimited hosts?

Hey @DeniJSa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. For your use case, you may find the Video SDK is more useful as it allows you to build your own video session and assign users to that. Effectively, it’s a lower-level SDK that gives more control over creating your application.

If you don’t need to use Meeting IDs for instance it might be the best method.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Is there any way to keep using zoom web sdk?

Hey DeniJSa,

You can continue to use the Web SDK but you’ll want to make sure that the meeting are all scheduled under the same account as the JWT app that is used to generate the signature.

This might involve using the Create a Meeting API that is hosted under your account just before users join.

You would be limited to creating the hosts under your account but this should fit your use case.

Thanks,
Max

in my app the host is the user, is it possible, because I read that web meeting SDK does not connect to the real zoom account?

now my app is almost finished and the user can start the meeting, but only one meeting can run, and the problem is I can’t start several meetings at one time

Hey @DeniJSa ,

To start multiple meetings at once you need to have multiple users to be the meeting host. 1 user per simultaneous meeting. Take a look at these resources:

Thanks,
Tommy

so the meeting host should join the meeting? I want to make the user can manage their own meeting

Hey @DeniJSa,

You would just want to make sure that each meeting is hosted by a separate user. You can create users under your Zoom account and use their detail when calling the Create a Meeting API.

Thanks,
Max

so i just need create meeting with parse the userid? Is it time for a meeting, does the host not need to start the meeting?

Hey @DeniJSa,

When you create a meeting, the User ID that you pass in the URL is the host of the meeting. You are effectively creating a meeting for that user.

Thanks,
Max

ok, I will try first.

Awesome, let me know if you have any questions.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.