Multiple meeting rooms simultaneous

Description
Hi! Seems that enterprise edition support max of 2 meeting rooms at the same time. Is there a way to have more than two meeting rooms working?

I have to generate 4 buttons, each button corresponds to a zoom room. So people will enter on that different rooms and they should be online meetings working at the same time.

Is is possibly using websdk?

Thanks!

Hi @avglive.developer,

Licensed users on Enterprise, Business, and Education accounts can host up to 2 meetings at the same time.

Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host and cannot be started by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.

Read more: Can I Host Concurrent Meetings? – Zoom Help Center

If you need to host more than two meetings concurrently, then another licensed user will need to host it.

Possible Solution
If you need 4 buttons, each one corresponding to a room, I recommend setting up 4 users and 4 meetings (one for each room) and assigning each button a different meeting ID. It will be easier to manage this way.

I hope this helps,
Alex

Hi @alexmayo, but in order to get 4 users using the webSDK i have to have 4 enterprise users right?
As far i understand, i have to be premium in order to get Websdk working. Is that ok?

No, not at all.

You don’t even need a paid Zoom account to use the Web SDK, you can use it with a free license. Just create 4 users, and then link the 4 buttons up to their personal meeting IDs :slight_smile:.

If you need the meetings to be more than 40 minutes long, you will need to purchase at least the pro license for each user.

Thanks,
Alex

Could be a solution yes. And i should get api client/secret each right?

Hey @avglive.developer,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. @alexmayo is correct in that you can create separate users and host meetings as those users with a basic plan. To set up users on a basic plan, navigate to the User Management page in your Zoom portal. You just need to enter your payment information but you won’t be charged. From there, you can create users.

And i should get api client/secret each right?

If you use a JWT app, the credentials will be set at the account-level. This means that you would only create one JWT app and use those credentials for connecting to the Web SDK as well as using the APIs.

However, in order to host a meeting from the Web SDK, you will need a Pro plan or higher.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @Max thanks for reply.

So my current setup is a React app using WebSDK. I have implemented ZoomMtg succesfully for one user.

With the less amount of changes, i think that my best option is to create 4 users (new users as zoom users o i can create like sub users?

What about zoom rooms? can i create a meeting and then consume the rooms as a meeting?
I need to create 4 rooms or meetings of 10-15ppl

So i guess my best option is to create 4 users (let me know the best way please) in order to create 4 meetings/rooms right?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @MaxM ! i just tested this. What i got is:

• I was able to create a “sub user” under my user administration, i was created as basic. Its ok
    Once i tried to start, from the same machine, two meetings i was able to start just one, how to test it from a application? I use my app to join this parallel meetings.

Also, when i tried to join the meeting that the “sub user” started i gaves me “the meeting number is wrong” error. Only with the sub user,

What im doing wrong?

Hey @MaxM ,

Correct, to host simultaneous meetings, you need multiple hosts, one for each simultaneous meeting. :slight_smile:

Make sure you are supplying the correct meeting number in the signature and the join meeting function.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.