I don't want to use leaveurl on meeting end (Meeting End without refreshing page due to data loss)

Hello,
i am connect with zoom api from browser, during meeting my client enters different data through our product, due to meeting end page refreshed and entered data during call is loss, meeting end can be called manually or internet disconnectivity. i don’t want to refresh the page on meeting end.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @zsadiq,

Can you please explain further how the users are entering data. I do not understand how the data could be lost when the meeting ends.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @phani.burra,

You could disable the leave button via CSS or JS, then use the leaveMeeting function to leave the meeting at the desired time.

Thanks,
Tommy

Excellent. Simple, didn’t realize this. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi,

leaveUrl is required field to JoinMeeting API call. Now when the meeting ends the client is redirected to that URL. Is there any way to prevent the redirect at the end of the meeting. We use Zoom’s Web API to show small video screen of the meeting host. When the meeting ends we want to user to continue to interact with the page without reloading it.

Hey @MMILK,

Unfortunately at this time the leaveUrl is required. I suggest passing in a state query param for the leaveUrl so you can implement logic to show the content you want for the respective user after the redirect.

Thanks,
Tommy

can you give me example?

Hey @dwisartika346,

Sure, you can use something like:

baseurl.com/leave?user=1234

Thanks,
Tommy

How to disable Leave Meeting button? give me example. Thank you

Hey @dwisartika346,

We do not provide the option to disable the leave meeting button. You can hide it via CSS or JS if you choose.

Thanks,
Tommy

okayyy thanks mr Tommy, success.

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi,

I’ve tried using the above solution but it doesn’t work for me. I disabled the leave button as suggested and used the leaveMeeting function like this:

ZoomMtg.leaveMeeting({});

But after about 8 seconds when it finishes leaving the meeting it still redirects to the leaveUrl. According to the leaveMeeting function documentation you can pass the params object (empty in my case). Is there a param that I can set to prevent the use of the leaveUrl? As it is, the user can click off to a different page, and then randomly gets redirected to the leaveUrl.

Thanks!

Hey @kyle46,

Currently there is no built in way to disable the leaveUrl for the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy,

I saw there is a Fully Customizable SDK option available now. Is that essentially the same thing as the Web SDK, which customizations? If so, could we potentially customize it to disable the leaveUrl?

Hey @kyle46,

The Fully Customizable SDK gives you access to the raw audio and video feeds so you can build your frontend from scratch. You can read more about the differences here:

Thanks,
Tommy

hi @tommy can you show the sample CSS for hide leave button? And where should i put the code (zoom css or app css)

Or you could try setting the leaveUrl to something like window.location.href + '#0' (whateverurl.com/your-page#0), which won’t actually navigate to a new page. If implemented as intended.

It will link to an element on the page with id 0 and just scroll to it, or nothing happens if it doesn’t exist. Should work fine.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @daniel2!

@samuelsusanto789, you can use the CSS display property, in a CSS file in your project.

-Tommy

1 Like