I want to release an APP that can only be used by specific users

I want to release an APP that can only be used by specific users.

Description
Is it possible to release a ZoomApp that can only be used by a specific company’s team?
The team wants to hold more than 100 meetings a day, by using multiple zoom accounts.
I read the ZoomApp documentation and think that in order to release a ZoomApp, it has to be available to everyone.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I want to use OAuth App

Which Endpoint/s?
If I can release a ZoomApp that can only be used by a specific company’s team, could you please tell me exactly how to do that?

Hi @mizuto.private ,

Are you referring to our Zoom Apps program or publishing an app to the Zoom Marketplace generally?

You can publish an OAuth app to the Zoom Marketplace and have provisions for installation that help restrict to the company’s team since you can make it so your app requires your permission.

Does this help?
Gianni

Hi @gianni.zoom
Thank you for your reply.

Are you referring to our Zoom Apps program or publishing an app to the Zoom Marketplace generally?

I am sorry. I think I may make wrong title and may have confused you.

A team needs to publish a total of 100+ meeting and webinar URLs per day using multiple accounts. I need to make this happen. This is my goal.

Is it possible to achieve this without releasing the Zoom App?
Can I use JWT to achieve this?

I was thinking that I need to release the Zoom App to Zoom Marketplace to make this happen.

Hi @mizuto.private ,

Yes if you would like to create an app to be used only by your team/company, you can create a JWT app or a private OAuth app that you do not intend to publish. The biggest difference between JWT and OAuth is that JWT credentials are like a master key to all the API endpoints, but with OAuth, you can restrict access to certain API endpoints for your app.

See this post for more details about JWT: JWT vs OAuth -- Which One to Use - #2 by MaxM

Thank you,
Gianni

Hi @gianni.zoom
Thank you for responding to my confusing question.
I will try to use JWT as you advised.
Thank you very much for your kindness.

mizuto

No problem at all! Good luck with your app! Let us know if any other questions come up if you don’t find the answers on the forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.