Implement Virtual Backgrounds in Linux

Zoom is recently heavily used in corporate environment. Many software engineers use zoom on Linux as a consequence. Virtual background support is essential for remote work from home in many cases. Please add the support.

2 Likes

Absolutely. I just re-imaged my company notebook to run linux, and to my utter amazement and horror, virtual backgrounds don’t work in Zoom! I see no reason why it should work pretty well in Windows and suck so badly in linux. Please fix!

2 Likes

I agree with every comment above: if virtual backgrounds (without green screen) are allowed in Zoom on Linux, it will make this software far more attractive to every developer on the planet. We’ll be far more likely to pay for our own account or lobby our companies to pay for Zoom.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with you!! We really need this feature!!!

2 Likes

Yes, please!! Having to use any of the work arounds is terrible, and hanging a green tarp behind me every day is not fun and looks ridiculous and anything but professional.

1 Like

RIGHT!? Microsoft has this working on Linux. Zoom does not.

1 Like

Definitely make this happen. Given the last year and continued 2021 WFH requirements for most, having a fully functional virtual background without a green screen that most can’t really effectively set up is a definite must!

1 Like

Much needed functionality, that is missing from Linux client for (apparently) no reason. Implementation would be greatly appreciated at our institution (paying client).

1 Like

Please, we need this feature :slight_smile: !

1 Like

This is just sad. I know so many people in my company that are disappointed with the fact that the Linux client is so poor in features compared to Windows and Mac.

1 Like

Jitsi (open source browser app) and google meets also support this on linux with good quality. It’s time to catch up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another upvote here. My teams are looking to offer Linux laptops as an option for our platform developers, and Zoom being broken in such a fundamental way on Linux is a big issue.

1 Like

I can’t think of any other multiplatform program that does not offer a consistent set of features across all platforms. Zoom has pulled in astonishing amounts of revenue over the last year plus. Get your devs to do their jobs, or hire more / better devs to do it.

1 Like

Please I also use Linux and the way is implemented on linux is horrible.

1 Like

Another upvote for this feature. The virtual background feature on Linux is essentially unusable.

1 Like

Our organization would like to see this implemented as well. Other apps on linux can do this…

1 Like

Please add this feature to linux!

This has been implemented on Windows, Mac, Android, & iOS, but not on Linux. I’ve had a paid zoom account for a couple of years now, and every month or so I search around to see if there is a fix.

It drives me crazy every time I’m in a meeting with 10 people and I’m the only one without a virtual background. I then have to explain that your linux client doesn’t support it, and it turns into a conversation about how linux isn’t a viable OS for “normal” people. If you can implement this on smart phones, why not on Linux?

2 Likes

I’m new to Ubuntu, and am highly disappointed that this is not a parallel feature to the windows version.
PLEASE!!! add this ASAP.
thank you

1 Like

Adding my vote for this feature request. Please, make this happen.

1 Like

+1, it will be a major quality of life improvement to have this feature available in Linux

2 Likes