Integrate Zoom in Unreal

Description
I would like to get each participant feed (audio, video etc) separately and use that feed in my game. Essentially creating a Zoom plugin for UE4.

Which Desktop Video SDK version?
The latest

Device

• Windows

Hey @raed.abbas,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

This should possible with the Zoom Video SDK. Are you facing any issues with implementing this?

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you for response. Yes, starting with I can’t integrate VideoSDK in UE4 project. Any tips?

Hi @raed.abbas,

Our documentation should provide you with all of the information you need to integrate the Video SDK into your application. Please reach out if you run into any issues with the SDK and we will be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Thank you for getting back to me. The documentation showing how to integrate in VS. For a UE4 project the workflow is different. For example, these options don’t exist in a UE4 project:

1. Select C/C++ → General → Additional Include Directories. Add the “h” folder.
  2. Select C/C++ → General → Debug Information Format. Set to “None”.
    etc etc

This how it looks

Hi @raed.abbas,

Unfortunately we do not yet have instructions available on how to integrate the Video SDK into an Unreal project. We can definitely help with using the SDK after it has been integrated, but we would have to investigate adding support for this use case in our documentation in the future.

Thanks!

I’m sure your technicians have had to deal with many UE4 users before. Please ask them to check this post!
Much appreciated

Hi @raed.abbas,

We cannot provide guidance on how to integrate our Windows SDK into anything other than a Visual Studio project. Many developers have had success integrating our Windows SDK into an Unreal project, but we do not have explicit support for it at this time. For that reason, we will not be able to assist with this aspect of your integration.

If you have any questions about how to use the SDK, please feel free to reach out with a new post and we will be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

The picture above is from Visual Studio! So you’re telling me that the only way to integrate the SDK in Visual studio is by following the documentations to the letter if it anything is different then the documentations and the support is useless?

Hi @raed.abbas,

The process outlined in our documentation is the officially supported way to add the SDK to your project. If you are working in a non-traditional environment that we do not officially support, the best we can do for now is consider adding explicit support in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.