Integrating the zoom windows meeting SDK with our recorder

Hello,

I want our users to install our customized zoom app and when the user clicks any zoom link to join a meeting, instead of the default zoom app it would use our customized zoom app.
The customized zoom app will have features that the legal field needs… one of which the recording that records directly to our server (even when they are not a host).

Is this possible?

Hi @ladycsr, thanks for the post.

This definitely would be possible through the Meeting SDK. For the recording feature, you would have three options: live streaming, local recording, and raw recording.

• Local recording: See our support article for starting a local recording. Once the recording is complete, you could send the file to your own server for storage.
  • Raw recording: This will prompt a recording consent dialog, similar to what you would see if you joined a meeting with a recording in progress. After that, the person who initiated the recording would have access to the raw audio and video feeds from each participant. You could send these directly to your server.
  • Live streaming: By following the steps to setup a custom streaming service, you would be able to directly receive a stream of the meeting on your own server.

The local recording would be the easiest to implement, but the least flexible. Both raw recording and live streaming have varying levels of flexibility, but would require a more involved implementation. If you have any question about how to approach any of these solutions, please let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Thanks!

** * Local recording: See our support article for starting a local recording. Once the recording is complete, you could send the file to your own server for storage.

This will not work as there are no hosts in the meeting rooms.

*** * Live streaming: By following the steps to setup a custom streaming service, you would be able to directly receive a stream of the meeting on your own server.

This is too confusing to the average end user.

I was thinking we can “pin” the speaker we want to record and use screen recorders, I just need to know if pinning is possible in the meeting SDK.
I looked at the " Windows SDK Functions" here 3. Windows Custom Functions - Mastering Zoom SDK - Windows - Meeting SDKs - Zoom Software Development Kit (Zoom SDK) - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference and I can’t quite tell.

Hi @ladycsr,

This will not work as there are no hosts in the meeting rooms.

We completely understand the challenges that this limitation imposes. We are working on a method that would allow more flexibility in this regard, but for now the only option is either pre-assigning a co-host or having the host manually promote the SDK user.

This is too confusing to the average end user.

I agree, this approach is not meant for a non-technical Zoom end user to implement on their own.

I was thinking we can “pin” the speaker we want to record and use screen recorders, I just need to know if pinning is possible in the meeting SDK.
I looked at the " Windows SDK Functions" here 3. Windows Custom Functions - Mastering Zoom SDK - Windows - Meeting SDKs - Zoom Software Development Kit (Zoom SDK) - Zoom Developer - Technical Documentation and Reference and I can’t quite tell.

The SDK does support both pinning and spotlighting users, but these features only work if you are using the default meeting UI provided by the SDK. You can use the same approach as mentioned in our general documentation, or pin users programmatically through the IMeetingVideoController interface.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.