Integrating zoom chat into a site

My client wants to use the zoom chat and zoom sdk inside of their sites. I’ve worked a bit with the zoom sdk recently with joining/hosting web calls, and the functionality was fine, but I’m a bit worried about using the Oauth with Auth0 to be able to use the chat outside of a video call.

I’ve been working my way through the docs the last few days, and have a number of questions.

Do users have a fresh zoom account created inside the umbrella of the Webapp? Do they use their existing zoom account instead, with their own contacts?

How do users control their contacts, and if I end up using a user-managed Oauth app, can I preset the users to their own appropriate groups based on the site (since each site is similar, but will have it’s own groups of users).

Is there a recommended css framework to use?

Is this even possible?

How easy is the zoom integration with auth0? What is required?

Hey @nb_ET,

To clarify, are you wanting to integrate Zoom Meetings via the Web SDK, or Zoom Chat via the Chat APIs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy

Primarily zoom chat with the chat apis.

Hey @nb_ET,

The Zoom Chat APIs are for 1:1 messages and group messages for users on the same Zoom account, or users who have added the other person/s as contacts.

Does that sound like what you are looking for?

Thanks,
Tommy