Can I have a web application where my team members can schedule meetings on the company's Zoom account?

I have a Next.js website and have been experimenting with a ‘Zoom Oauth Account-level App’ through the API but I can’t understand how members registered on our website can do the authorisation process because it only works with my account (the company account) which is registered on the Zoom marketplace to create the ‘Zoom Oauth Account-level App’.

I think it is absolutely possible because we were using the events.duolingo.com website (which is now closed) where we can sign up as Hosts and create weekly meetings on the Duolingo Zoom account for free. So, can I do that using the Zoom API?

@stylecifer,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. You can certainly have registered members on our website to do the authorization process. You would need to implement the OAuth authorization flow to get the members’ Zoom Access Token, which would allow you to make calls to Zoom Rest API on your website. There are two options you can consider:

OAuth ( External and internal OAuth App)

With the OAuth app, you can either create an internal app for just your Account or publish an app. By publishing an app on the Marketplace, your product or service is introduced to millions of daily users looking to connect workflows and discover new tools. That said, it is important to note the following :

→ If the user does NOT belong to your account, then you will need to create and publish an OAuth app in order to access the user info and create meetings on their behalf with Zoom API.

→ If your user’s profile is under your account, then you could use the Zoom API directly with your API key & secret, and call the corresponding API to get the user info and create meetings on their behalf with Zoom API.

Resources:

Create an OAuth App

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/oauth-app/

Publishing Apps

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/

Sharing private and beta apps

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/sharing-private-and-beta-apps/

Enabling publishing for private and beta apps

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/app-submission/enabling-publishing-for-private-and-beta-apps/

Sever - to - Sever ( Internal OAuth App)

A Server-to-Server OAuth app enables you to securely integrate with Zoom APIs and get your account owner access token without user interaction. This is different from the OAuth app type, which requires user authentication. See Using OAuth 2.0 for details.

Create a Server-to-Server OAuth app

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/build/server-to-server-oauth-app/

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you so much
What I am trying to do is to use a zoom account among all team members to organise and schedule meetings. Just like universities and schools do, where each teacher schedules their classes by zoom from the school’s website.
Please give me a hint on how I can do that.
Can I start building it in my local development environment using a free zoom account?
And I couldn’t understand “If the user does NOT belong to your account” (it’s embarrassing :sweat:) how can I make the user be under my account?
I’ve been reading the documentation in those links you’ve shared, but I really got stuck and can’t get it. So, if you could please show me the direction I should follow to accomplish this task, I will be even more grateful.
And again thank you very much.

Hi, @stylecifer ,

To organize and schedule all team member’s meetings within a Zoom Account. This first step is to create a server to - server Marketplace App: This app is best for internal integration, where you only want to manage and schedule meetings for users within that Zoom Account.

Yes, you can start building it in a local development environment using a free zoom account. The Zoom APIs and Client SDKs are available to all Pro, Business, and Enterprise accounts with no additional cost. Registering and activating any Basic Zoom account will automatically provide free-trial Developer access to the Zoom API and SDKs. Use this free-trial period to test Zoom services and SDK functionality.

For more information about getting stated with our API and Client SDKs, you may visit our help documentation below:

1. Developer Accounts

2. API documentation

3. SDK documentation

When a user creates a Zoom account, any Basic Zoom account will automatically provide the ability to invite and add users to that Zoom account. So in the case where you want to organize and schedule Zoom meetings for users outside your Zoom Account, you should create an OAuth app, which can be published to Zoom App Marketplace. When your app is published in the Zoom Marketplace, your product or service is introduced to millions of daily users looking to connect workflows and discover new tools. To learn more about Why Build a Marketplace, here is a helpful article :

What We’ve Learned — Why Build a Marketplace

End user authorization

For in the case where you want to organize and schedule Zoom meetings for users outside your Zoom Account, you should create a server to - server Marketplace App, which cannot be published to Zoom App Marketplace. To learn more about Zoom Account Structures, here is a helpful article :

A Brief Look at Zoom Account Structures

Ok I will study all of that thank you very much :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.