iOS: Suddenly cannot connect to the Zoom meeting

Hi! Hope all is well.

We encountered an issue with our iOS Flutter app regarding Zoom connection. We integrated the Zoom Meeting SDK into our application three years ago and have been using it since. However, we suddenly experienced a connection issue where it no longer connects to Zoom meeting.

iOS Meeting SDK version: v5.17.11.14222

Troubleshooting Routes
I have checked the following:

1. Can initialize Zoom SDK
  2. Can login using auth token [MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4WithoutLoginUser]
  3. Upon startMeeting (meetingService.startMeeting(with: params)), checked the meeting states, and here are the logs:

[DEBUG]: Zoom SDK version: 5.17.11 (14222)
[DEBUG]: Mobile RTC Auth success
[DEBUG]: Got response from login with access token: true
[DEBUG]: MEETING STATE: [“MEETING_STATUS_CONNECTING”, “”]
[DEBUG]: MEETING STATE: [“MEETING_STATUS_DISCONNECTING”, “”]
[DEBUG]: MEETING STATE: [“MEETING_STATUS_FAILED”, “”]
[DEBUG]: MEETING STATE: [“MEETING_STATUS_END”, “”]

Smartphone:

• Device: iPad Pro (2nd gen)

Additional context

• Meeting state won’t proceed to IN_MEETING status
  • I’m not sure what causes the connection issue

Hope you can assist! Thank you.

Had this exact same issue recently with our Windows app, and it was simply because we needed to update our SDK version to meet the minimum version requirements (https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0061130#Dev). It seems like your SDK version meets the requirement, though, but may be still worth trying to see if the update solves the issue.

1 Like

Thank you. I will try updating the SDK and will provide feedback if it resolves the issue. Hopefully.

UPDATE

Got this meeting error code: 63 (MobileRTCMeetError)
Based on the documentation, it refers to: Unable to join external meeting

I found a similar topic in the forum: getting-issue-of-error-code-6601-and-meeting-status-meeting-status-failed

Do we really need to publish the app in the Zoom Marketplace? We were able to publish the app in the App Store and use it previously without publishing it in the Marketplace.

Could someone please advise? Thank you.

@chunsiong.zoom / zoom developers

@Jochdev yes it is mandatory for you to publish your marketplace app on marketplace.zoom.us if you want to join external meeting.

1 Like

@chunsiong.zoom Thank you for the clarification.

I would like to ask if this a new policy? I want to ensure that this requirement has not changed, as our app was working fine before we encountered this error, and we have not made any changes to it.

I appreciate your help in confirming this.

@Jochdev this is a relatively new policy.