Is it possible to include the name in invitation url?

I want to include the name of participant in his invitation URL.
After they click on the invitation, they can join using the Zoom Desktop or iOS/Android application, not the web client.

Thanks.

Hey @donzpaul,

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you’re wondering if it’s possible to pre-set a participants name for a given meeting, is that right?

If so, have you had a chance to look at our Add Meeting Registrant API?:

You can use this API to set the First & Last Name of each participant.

Let me know if this is what you’re looking for!

Best,
Will

I just want someone to join the meeting from a url, and the name is in the URL. when he joins, his name from the url is his name in the meeting.

In other words, force a name for the person using the invitation url

Hey @donzpaul,

The unique registration join_url @will.zoom stated above does just that. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

For our application, it is not practical to create a meeting that requires registration.
I don’t want a unique registration url, I just want the names embedded in the urlm

@donzpaul — thanks for clarifying, and definitely appreciate where you’re coming from.

While this isn’t something we offer at this moment, I’d encourage you to consider posting in #feature-requests, if you’re so inclined. Our team is always considering how to offer more flexible functionality like what you’ve suggested. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.