Hello, I want to send username through invitation url instead of allowing user to enter name

Hello, I want to send username through invitation url instead of allowing user to enter name, Earlier I sent “uname” as a parameter in the url and it was working, but now its not accepting.

On the other side, opening same url with chrome that redirects to zoom works as expected.

Issue : Getting a popup saying to enter a name.

Hi @msaumyaa,

If you wish to send participant details to the Zoom Client programmatically, we encourage you to require registration for your meetings and utilize our List Registrants API endpoint to retrieve unique join_urls for individuals—this allows you to pass user information such as display name directly to the client.

Thanks!
Will

Thankyou @will.zoom for your response,

Registrants API has solved the purpose but I have another query related to this,
I am getting a invite button which allows any unregistered user to join the meeting which we don’t want, is there any way to prevent unregistered user to join the meeting.

Thankyou.

Hi @msaumyaa,

Have you set registration to be required? Regarding the invite button in the Zoom Client, this should only be accessible to the host, not participants.

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.