Is it possible to set the resolution of recording?

The default resolution of recording is 640*360, which is not so clear. Does recording supoort 720P or other options? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Xu,

Zoom recording support 720P if the camera support it. Please provide more details regarding this issue.

Best

Sorry I didn’t get my idea across. All I want to know is the API of setting the recording resolution. Thanks.

Hi Xu,

Currently Zoom SDKs don’t have API to control recording resolution. Zoom Cloud will take care of this.

Best

So you’re talking about cloud recording. And users can store, stream and download video recordings from the Zoom Cloud. Right?

Hi Xu,Β 

Zoom will record what we capture, so the resolution is mainly depend on your machine and video device.Β 

Best

Yes, you’re right, Wei. Zoom just record what the video capture card captures. It’s my fault. I forgot to turn on β€˜Enable HD’ option of Video. Now the recorded video gets much clearer. Thanks, Wei.

How I can set recording resolution for Zoom Cloud?

Β 

Now I’m getting 640x360 and it’s not nice. We need 720p or 1080p.

HiΒ Π¨ΠΊΠΎΠ»Π° Π“ΠΈΠ²ΠΈΠ½Π°:

the resolution depends on your device, Zoom will record what we receive from you camera.

Best

Ok, I’ve got about video from my camera. What about video from other participants’ cameras?

HiΒ Π¨ΠΊΠΎΠ»Π° Π“ΠΈΠ²ΠΈΠ½Π°:

It also depends on other’s camera resolution. Zoom can not control the resolution.Β 

Best

You mean that Zoom will record in cloud maximum quality (resolution) that any participant’s camera will give?

HiΒ Π¨ΠΊΠΎΠ»Π° Π“ΠΈΠ²ΠΈΠ½Π°,

Yes, it depends not only on the camera resolution, but also the network quality.

Best

Ok, I will try to set HD quality and check the result.

Our network gives 40+ Mb/s for both download and upload.

I turned on (Enable HD) and my video recordings are still on 640 x 360. Please let me know if it is possible to record videos on 720p or 1080p. Thanks,

Β 

Rodrigo

Hi, Now the default resolution of recording is 640*360, which is not so clear. Does recording supoort 720P or other options? Thanks.

My webcam supports recording in 1080p and happily records at 1920x1080 with Quicktime. In some short test Zoom meetings, is recording at 1080x720, which is acceptable . But in longer meetings (ie real meetings - of apx 90 minutes) the resolution is 640x360. So it is not just an issue of what camera supports. How can I change this as I really need better resolution than this. Thanks.

Same problem. Enabled HD video and get 1280x720p on a 3 minute test but on a 30 mins of video comes out at 640x360. I guess this is to keep the file size down? Would be nice to have the option to override, 640x360 is awful.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. May I inquire the recording resolution issue you are mentioning, is this issue happening on the local recording or the cloud recording?

Thanks!

Hi Carson,

The problem I am having is as described above. Here’s a copy:
β€œMy webcam supports recording in 1080p and happily records at 1920x1080 with Quicktime. In some short test Zoom meetings, is recording at 1080x720, which is acceptable . But in longer meetings (ie real meetings - of apx 90 minutes) the resolution is 640x360. So it is not just an issue of what camera supports. How can I change this as I really need better resolution than this. Thanks.”

This is definitely happening with Local Recording. Not sure with Cloud Recording - but guessing it would go over your 1GB limit.

Really grateful if you could let me know what the issue is and if there is some way to override this switch to lower resolution for longer meetings.

Thanks, Tiffany