Is there a way I can get Zoom Room alert message on Slack Channel or send via SMS

Is there a way I can get Zoom Room alert message on Slack Channel or send via SMS

Hey @Sajith_Kumar_K_P, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Yes there is, but it will require some coding on your end.

Step 1.
Configure the Zoom Room Alert Webhook.

Step 2.
In your code after you receive the Webhook, call Slack’s send message endpoint, or to send an SMS you can use the Twilio send SMS endpoint.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks Tommy, this will really help.:grinning:

1 Like

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi Tommy, Sorry bother you. Let me know if you can help here. I have created a webook in Zoom market place (screenshot attached) and webook in slack channel. Url for slack channel webook added under Zoom webook Event notification endpoint URL. But its not working, I still not getting alert on the slack channel though the email alert still coming through.
Is there anything I’m missing?

Hey @Sajith_Kumar_K_P, no worries!

Everything looks good on your Zoom App.

Have you followed Slack’s Incoming Webhooks tutorial?

Thanks,
Tommy

I checked and created incoming webhook url mentioned in that. Where do I write the json coding like mentioned in Zoom webhook?

Hey @Sajith_Kumar_K_P,

You don’t write the JSON shown in the example. That is the JSON/data that is sent to your Webhook event notification url.

I am not 100% sure about Slacks Webhook system, but you might need to create your own code to handle receiving a Zoom Webhook, and sending it to Slack.

Here is an example in Node.js / Express:

// receives request and data from zoom event
app.post('/webhook', (req, res) => {
  if (req.headers.authorization === process.env.verification_token) {
    res.status(200)
    res.send()

// Send req.body (zoom event data) to slack

} else {
    res.send('Unauthorized request to Webhook.')
  }
})

Thanks,
Tommy

I found the solution :slight_smile: basically, Not all webhooks are automatically compatible with Slack. So I need to use middilware to connect zoom and slack webhooks. In this case I used workato to do the flow between both apps. We can also use Microsoft flow as well.

1 Like

Happy to hear! Thanks for posting the solution :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy