Join meeting as host using join_url. Does not invite to Login

Hi, When I try to join a meeting using a join_url belonging to an alternative host, a message is shown saying “The meeting is not started”, is there a possibility that the zoom’s web page suggest to me to logIn ? or being redirected automatically to the logIn ? I know is not possible to start a meeting using a join_url even though I use an altermative host’s url, but It would be good -where a possibility- that when I’m using a join_url, the web page redirects to a logIn page instead of showing that
“The meeting is not started” message, is it possible to configure or send and additional parameter? Thanks !

Hi, @djpacheco16,

Thank you for posting in the Developer Forum! Can you share more context about what you are looking to accomplish? If you are looking to redirect users to a Web page to a log-in page instead of showing that “The meeting is not started” message, you have several options to consider. First, before calling the SDK join function, you could get the current state of the meeting via API and perform some action based on the state. I’ve linked our Meeting ended webhook event here for consideration. The other option you can consider is to enable the Allowing only authenticated users in meetings can join feature.To learn more enabling this feature, see our article below:

Allowing only authenticated users in meetings

Let me know if this helps or if you have further clarifications.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.