Join meeting with a password

I have the exact same issue. Everything was working fine with our private custom Zoom app until this very date. Joining Corporate Meetings results in the same event sequence

1. MEETING_STATUS_CONNECTING (0)
  2. MEETING_STATUS_DISCONNECTING (0)
  3. MEETING_STATUS_FAILED (10) (! I get always 10 here instead of 23 !)
  4. MEETING_STATUS_ENDED (0)

Joining my personal meeting works fine.

We are using C# Wrapper Zoom SDK and a not published app.
Is your app published in zoom marketplace @desko27?

@andrez Thanks for writing, I’m glad to see confirmation about more devs facing this issue, this is driving me crazy.

Is your app published in zoom marketplace @desko27?

No, our app is private as well.

Ok, do you use JWT auth or hardcoded secrets?

I just try to find some things that we both might not have tried. I am using hardcoded secrets (oops).

I use JWT auth in my app. Anyway, trying to join corporate meetings through the official demo for Zoom Electron SDK v5.4.54802.0124 results in the same outcome right now, so I don’t think we can change something in our apps to fix this by ourselves, unfortunately :persevere:

Ok. I have also searched the settings of our corporate account but there are no new settings that may deny join of third party apps.

1 Like

Hi again!

I just found out today that corporations can enforce a requirement for a minimum version of Zoom clients.

Given that, if your corporation sets a minimum required version that is higher than the one available in the SDKs (say, 4.5.6 when the current SDKs version is 5.4.5), then the application will never be able to join until a new SDK version is released.

I’m still not 100% sure but that may be the case in our corporate account, @andrez could that be your case as well?

No, there are no settings related to that in my settings. But there are other settings that our corporate admins defined that I cannot change. But I can see them and there is nothing related to minimum version.

Well, maybe the admins have even more settings that one cannot see as corporate account user.

Where did you find the info about this enforcement of version?

Hi @andrez I cannot verify this, but I also think that the corporate admins can define settings that one cannot see as a corporate account user.

I found out because someone closer to the corporate admins told me in the first place. Then, I remembered helping a user to update the Zoom application (on a tablet) because she received an error telling version was not high enough to join the meeting. So everything made sense.

After all these findings, I’m currently waiting for a new SDK version to be released so my app can join those meetings again.

1 Like

Hey @desko27 and @andrez,

I believe you guys are on to something. Another developer @jeremy.provost is facing the same issue on a separate platform and also believes this is related to the “minimum required version” setting you were mentioning. This seems to be a platform-agnostic SDK issue. I will try to escalate this internally, as this is likely happening to many people.

Stay tuned.
Michael

3 Likes

@Michael_Condon is there any expected date for a release of new SDKs so we can surpass the version requirement by updating? My app is unfortunately unusable right now :cry:

Hey @desko27,

I understand this is far from ideal. The engineers are still trying to identify the root cause of this issue. For now, I would suggest disabling the “Require minimum client version” setting entirely. I will update you as soon as I hear from the engineers.

Thanks!
Michael

Yep - seems logging in was all that was needed for my use case. Appreciate the guidance @Michael_Condon !

Hey @bamajap,

You are welcome! In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hey @bamajap, @desko27, and @andrez,

Thanks for your patience and help troubleshooting this issue!

The engineers are going to have this fixed in the upcoming SDK release. For now, please disable the minimum client version setting.

Thanks!
Michael

Thanks for your reply again. I do not have the power to disable this setting. Nevertheless I hope there will be a new release soon.

Hey @andrez,

I understand. We are hoping to ship the new release very soon.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @andrez, @bamajap, @desko27,

The new version has shipped and is available in the Zoom Marketplace for download. This issue should now be resolved. Can you please update and verify?

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

@Michael_Condon I updated our App and I can verify the issue is now resolved. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @desko27,

Awesome! I am super happy to hear :slight_smile:
Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks!
Michael

The update solved my problem as well! Thank you!

1 Like