Join URL for registered non-host users

Hello,

We searching for a way to create a direct URL that will give access to our users to join the meeting as non-host, without need to use Zoom login and password.

Actually, we’ve used the API to “register” our users to the meeting, however when we use the “join url” it works but does not log in with the identity and permissions of the user.

It’s important for us, because we’re giving specific permissions to users (like allowing Screen Share, disabling Video Background etc.), and we must have the user recognized with his permissions.

I’ve tried the URL Schemes and I’ve used the Tokens etc, but it does not seems to work.

How would you accomplish that?
(Direct link to join a meeting as a logged-in user, without using login and password).

Thanks

Hey @osdev,

I suggest using Meeting Authentication profiles.

If you are looking for a different solution, please share more about your use case and user flow so I can help.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Use case is that we need direct join links for non-host users, because we’re integrating Zoom into a custom eLearning system, and we don’t want teachers and students to have to login again to Zoom.

How could we access the class with a direct link, in a way that Zoom would recognize the user and apply the correct permissions and settings.

Regarding the teachers, we have already the solution with start_url, however for students we don’t have yet the solution.

SSO Login may be a solution for us, if we find a way to login “under the hood” to Zoom, in a transparent way to the user, and then opening the Zoom meeting.

However, we don’t know yet how to do it, and we’re not sure if logging-in on the browser would be sufficient to be recognized as the right user in the Zoom application.

Please advise,
Thanks

Hey @osdev,

I suggest using meeting registration. This will provide each user that is registered to join the meeting a unique join_url, that they can click on and join the meeting without signing in.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello @tommy,

That’s exactly what we are using (“meeting registration” with join_url for each student)

It works fine. However, we do have a issue that the students are not recognized as their real username, and the correct settings are not applied.
The main parameter for us is to disallow “Virtual Background”, and this does not work.

Let me explain that with a real use case:

• We create a user called “user@website.com”.
  • We set the parameters for this user (“Virtual background” off).
  • We register “user@website.com” for the meeting. And we get a “join_url”.
  • When using that “join_url”, the user is not recognized as the “user@website.com” Zoom user, but rather as a basic unregistered meeting user…

I’ve tried adding the ZAK token to the “join_url” (containing the TK registrant token), but it didn’t helped.

Please advise,
Thanks

Hey @osdev,

For that user to have the account settings applied they must be logged into Zoom.

You can use Meeting Authentication profiles in addition to registration to make sure they are always signing in when joining the meeting.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.