Joining meeting timeout from Web SDK

I think it’s an intermittent error. Our customers have reported that the issue occurs for them but if they try joining the meeting again it sometimes works. Waiting for someone from Zoom to confirm what the issue could be.

1 Like

Facing the same issue, this error started appearing today

1 Like

Facing this issue since morning please look into it as we’ve several clients using it
Thanks

2 Likes

We’ve got similar isuue. Same alert but the ZoomMtg.join() method doesn’t trigger the error callback (which it does eg. if you put wrong meeting id).

One thing I noticed is websocket messages - there are some errors apparently (invalid version, invalid parameters but no details):

We’re using WebSDK 1.8.6.

2 Likes

since today, we’re facing the same issue with all of our accounts. We’re using SDK Version 1.8.6.

1 Like

Hi @haseeb @alexander.brotzge @islam.daanish @yasmin @konrad @ronen.landesman

We are investigating the issue and will provide an update as soon as we can. (CS-2912)

Thanks,
Will

2 Likes

@will.zoom @haseeb @alexander.brotzge @yasmin @konrad @ronen.landesman
Issue resolved by upgrading webSDK to 1.8.6

1 Like

@islam.daanish some users have reported the issue with 1.8.6 as well. Also, there was no prior notice of previous versions being totally broken. We cannot migrate to 1.8.6 so quickly. Hopefully we’ll get an answer from @will.zoom soon so we can decide on our further course of action.

Yes I updated from 1.7.1 to 1.8.6 but still the same issue.
Also when we are able to connect (1/10) it connects two times the same user…
Not sure if it’s related to this issue

1 Like

Hi @will.zoom still waiting for a reply. Please let us know if this is going to be resolved or is the solution migrating to a newer version of the SDK. We are in a different timezone than the Zoom support team & will appreciate if we can get a response today from you guys so we can resolve this issue for our customers during our working hours tomorrow.

Hey @haseeb , @ptlagency ,

We are still investigating the issue, and will provide an update as soon as possible.

-Tommy

Hey @haseeb , @ronen.landesman , @ptlagency , @alexander.brotzge , @islam.daanish ,

This issue should now be fixed. Please let us know if you continue to have trouble. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Follow the problem

We have the same issue, it was showing up in version 1.7.9, we updated to 1.8.6 and still the same issue

Hi zoom guys! I am facing the same error with version 1.8.6 all the time, is there any solution to this issue?

It seems we still have the same issue. 1.8.6, trying to join a running personal meeting, from website using WebSDK.

Hi @tommy ,

I am continuously facing the same issue with 1.8.6 version. Please help as I am stuck with development.

@tommy we are still facing the issue as it was yesterday & it’s clear from the comments that we are not alone. People using different versions of the SDK even the latest ones are having the same issue pretty consistently.

Also, I don’t understand the purpose of the Zoom Status Page if it is not going to reflect the actual status. It’s pretty evident that the WebSDK is not 100% operational but there is no mention of it on the status page and it puts all of us in a conitnuous state of uncertainty and no solid answers to our customers who depend on Zoom.

Hopefully this will get resolved soon!

Hi,

Same issue here when using zoom API through a HiveBrite system.

Was working fine until this morning.

I agree with previous user - if this is a system issue why is it not being notified in the staus page?

Please advise ASAP @tommy

@tommy
Hi,
I got the same issue. Yesterday there was no problem.
Please notify us when there is any update on this issue.
Thank you,

Message is in Japanese and has meaning “Joining meeting timeout”