V1.8.1: Joining meeting timeout. Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again

Description
I have a Moodle website. used Zoom Web SDK 1.8.1 to embed zoom to a website last month. It was successful. I have added API details and also customized button colors etc. It worked for some time. But today, I got this Joining meeting timeout error. So I couldn’t start zoom meetings

Error

Joining meeting timeout.

Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

I cannot join the meeting once I click the join button. It worked well in the previous weeks. Then suddenly I started to get this error.

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: Clients use both desktop and phone
  • Version: Latest version
  • Browser: All browsers

Additional context
I am using a free basic account. I have registered this app as a sample JWT app and got the API keys there. I am using multiple zoom meeting ids and defined them in separate pages.

Hey @bhanukawork

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

I cannot seem to find a solution. I am using version 1.8.1 and using a basic account. Is it possible if I get the latest SDK version and still try out with the basic account?

Hi, I have solved the issue. I downloaded the latest version 1.8.6. I customized it and uploaded to the server. Now zoom meetings are working.

But I would like to know what actually happened to zoom v1.8.1 suddenly? Why did this error came suddenly?

How can I be ready, if these types of incidents happen?

Hey @bhanukawork ,

We are working to resolve this issue. However, upgrading to 1.8.5 is required to use computer audio, as communicated via email, the forum, and the docs.

Please upgrade to the latest version, 1.8.6. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I have already upgraded to v1.8.6. The problem is already solved.

Thanks.

1 Like

Happy to help @bhanukawork ! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.