Joining Meeting Timeout popup OK button behaviour

Hi! If I schedule a meeting and someone loads the meeting URL in my webpage before the meeting has started, it gets the following screenshot

If the user clicks the Ok button, it gets redirected to te leaveURL page, but the user really didn’t want to leave, because the meeting has not started yet.

Is there a possibility to catch the Ok button click event in that particular popup?
Is there a possibility to somehow tell the user that the meeting has not yet started but it’s up and scheduled?

Client Web SDK v1.9.0

Thanks!

Hey @ghiamar,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Good questions!

We don’t have a method to catch events from that button right now. You can test writing custom JS to override the events on that element but that would be outside the scope of what we can support here and may cause other issues in the Web SDK.

Yes, that’s definitely possible and I think that would be the best method to avoid sending the user to the leaveUrl before the meeting starts. In order to accomplish this, you can call the Get a Meeting API and use the status property from what is returned.

If the status is started, it’s safe to allow the user to join the meeting. If the status is waiting you can display your own information to the user.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Cool, can I get Get a Meeting API endpoint using PHP curl and JWT API Key and API Secret?

Hey @ghiamar ,

Yes, checkout this example here on how to make an API request with a JWT Token:

Thanks,
Tommy

Great nailed it! Posting PHP code using php-jwt

$api_key = $apiKey;
    $api_secret = $apiSecret;
    $payload = array(
        'iss' => $api_key,
        'exp' => time() + 15,
    );
    $jwt = JWT::encode($payload, $api_secret);
    $curl = curl_init();

curl_setopt_array($curl, array(
        CURLOPT_URL => "https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/$meetingID",
        CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,
        CURLOPT_ENCODING => "",
        CURLOPT_MAXREDIRS => 10,
        CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 30,
        CURLOPT_HTTP_VERSION => CURL_HTTP_VERSION_1_1,
        CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST => "GET",
        CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER => array(
            "authorization: Bearer $jwt",
            "content-type: application/json"
        ),
    ));

$response = curl_exec($curl);
    $err = curl_error($curl);

curl_close($curl);

$ret = new JObject;
    $ret->result = false;
    $ret->response = '';

if (!$err) {
        $ret->result = true;
        $ret->response = json_decode($response);
    }

Hey @ghiamar,

I’m glad to hear that resolved your issue! Thank you for posting what workd for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.