Joining meeting timeout. Your connection has timed

Description
When a host creates multiple meetings and tries to join simultaneously it shows an error message

“Joining meeting timeout. Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting. Verify your network connectivity and try again”

Error
At first I didn’t know why this message was popping up, I had to check the browser console. I’m ok with the fact that a Host can only be Host for one meeting at a time. But the error message doesn’t help at all.

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a Meeting and Join
  2. Create another meeting with the same user and Join
  3. It won’t let you join because a host can’t be a host for multiple meetings at the same time

Is there a way to show a proper message to user? I mean, they don’t even know how to open the browser console, it is an end user.

There are a LOT of Zoom error codes, I can’t just catch every one of them and help the user, Zoom should be able at least to show a hint of what is going on.

Hi @thefantastic4it,

Thank you for pointing this out. We are working on improving our error messaging for this, and it’s currently in our backlog (ZOOM-274715).

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will.zoom,

Great, is there an estimate of when this is going to be included? I mean, are we talking about months?

Thanks,
William

Hi @thefantastic4it,

I don’t have an exact timeline at the moment, but you’re welcome to stay tuned to this thread for updates as we have them.

Thanks!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.