JWT - Access token is expired

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I’m using ZoomAPIWrapper. Time to time, “I encountered Access token is expired.” Once I encountered it takes awhile before I gain access again. I can’t figure why it is happening.

Error

[code] => 124
[message] => Access token is expired.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @bang,

How are you generating your access token?

Do you run into the same error when grabbing a token from the View JWT Token dropdown from your JWT app in the Marketplace dashboard?

Let me know—thanks!
Will

Hi Will,

The token is generate from ZoomAPIWrapper using my api key and api secret. Token set to expire within 60sec. Also, new token is generate for every request to the zoom api. I haven’t tried out using the JWT Token from Marketplace dashboard.

I wonder whether it related to number of zoom api rate limit. But if that the case, I should be getting that message about exceeding the rate limit, right?

Ben

Blockquote As Ben mentioned,
The token is generate from ZoomAPIWrapper using my api key and api secret. Token set to expire within 60sec. Also, new token is generate for every request to the zoom api. I haven’t tried out using the JWT Token from Marketplace dashboard.

I wonder whether it related to number of zoom api rate limit. But if that the case, I should be getting that message about exceeding the rate limit, right?

Agreed.

Hi @bang,

Thanks for confirming. I don’t believe this is related to rate limits. Rather, I suspect there is some issue with how you’re generating the token programmatically with the PHP wrapper you’re using.

To help confirm this, can you test with a token from the Zoom App in the marketplace? If this works, there’s an issue with the wrapper you’re using. Note that the wrapper you’ve referenced is not an officially Zoom supported method for generating a token.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Thank for clarification. I believe maybe base64 encoding part in PHP. I modified the code and see if I encounter that issue again. I will also use the Zoom App token when I encounter issue. Right now, everything is working fine.

Ben

Hi @bang,

I see, glad things are working for you now!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.