Lag and video issues with Meeting SDK

Description
I am experiencing lag and video issues while using SDK Meeting. I have implemented the Client View in ReactJS and utilized the code from the sample ReactJS repository.

During my tests with a few participants, I encountered no significant issues. However, when tested with 32 participants, critical problems arose, including:

• Lag issues
  • Screen loading delays
  • Laggy performance of the Whiteboard feature

Participants also reported camera/video issues that worsened as new participants joined the call. Here is an example of how some of the participants videos looked:

The issue didn’t occur for everyone in the call, and some participants didn’t have this problem from the beginning.

I can provide the room code if it would be helpful.

Which Web Meeting SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):
I don’t know the operating system that each participant was using, but the majority of them were using their mobile devices.

@chunsiong.zoom @elisa.zoom

I need some help here

@tecnologia ,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m happy to assist. To begin, could you tell me if the behavior is reproducible every time? You mentioned it occurs when you reach a threshold of 32 participants. Could you provide more details on how the users are joining? This information will help identify what might be happening.

Thank you for your reply. Regarding the joining part, I have a frontend where the user can input his username, the meeting code, and the password. After that, he can join the meeting. The idea is that he doesn’t have to be registered in Zoom.

Behind the scenes:

• I generate the signature in my backend (I can provide more details about the implementation, but it is quite similar to the implementation done in the sample project).
  • I execute the init process.
    ZoomMtg.init({
      leaveUrl: window.location.href,
      success: (success: ZoomSDKResponse) => handleInitSuccess(success, signature),
      error: (error: ZoomSDKResponse) => handleInitError(error),
    })

In handleInitSuccess() I simply execute the join process:

ZoomMtg.join({
      signature: signature,
      sdkKey: CLIENT_ID,
      meetingNumber: roomCode,
      passWord: roomPassword,
      userName: username || "AJX-CALL",
      userEmail: "",
      tk: "",
      zak: "",
      success: (success: ZoomSDKResponse) => handleJoinSuccess(success),
      error: (error: ZoomSDKResponse) => handleJoinError(error)
    });

I had no issues until there were approximately 12 participants in the meeting; after that, the problem started occurring. The maximum number of participants was 32.

any idea what could be the problem? @donte.zoom

@chunsiong.zoom @elisa.zoom

I need some help here

@tecnologia ,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner! I’m going to try and replicate the issue you’re facing with version 2.18. Could you help me out by providing some more information?

1. Which browser are you experiencing this issue on?

2. Have you noticed this happening when you try it on different browsers?

3. Could you walk me through the exact steps to replicate the issue?

4. Would you mind sharing the meeting configuration and a screenshot of your console when the issue occurs?

5. Lastly, it would be really helpful if you could also share your .har file or a screenshot of the “network” tab. I’m wondering if there might be any issues with loading assets.

Capture web session traffic

@donte.zoom

1. Which browser are you experiencing this issue on?
  2. Have you noticed this happening when you try it on different browsers?

Like I said, it wasn’t only with me. Everyone in the meeting experienced the same issues: cameras with weird glitches, some lag while using the whiteboard, and I don’t know everyone’s browser. The browser I was using at the moment was Google Chrome on desktop. For the majority of other participants, I would guess Safari or Chrome on their mobile devices. I would also like to point out that the problem didn’t occur from the beginning of the meeting. As I mentioned earlier, it started happening after 12+ people had joined and continued to get worse until we had 32 participants in the meeting.

1. Could you walk me through the exact steps to replicate the issue?

I didn’t do anything special; I simply created a scheduled meeting, waited for some participants, started testing some features like the whiteboard and my camera, and after some time, began experiencing the issues.

1. Would you mind sharing the meeting configuration and a screenshot of your console when the issue occurs?

How can I check the configuration for the specific meeting? I still have the meeting code, I can send it here if its useful, but I had pretty much the default configuration for the scheduled meeting. I used a different password, but that’s it

1. Lastly, it would be really helpful if you could also share your .har file or a screenshot of the “network” tab. I’m wondering if there might be any issues with loading assets.

I don’t have the .har file for that meeting, but I plan to schedule a new test and will export it. Additionally, I will check the console for errors, as you asked previously. Until then, if you have any suggestions before I conduct the new test, that would be appreciated. Also, I imagine that the .har file is going to be pretty big. Should I send it here directly or through another method?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.