Listen for events on the client app

Description
I am trying to build a desktop application and I need to integrate it with the client app. Right now I have registered a webhook for Recording events but I am not getting anything in the Webhook logs. I want to invoke my Desktop application when the user starts recording on the client app. Is there a way to listen for events like that and if yes what is the best way to do it?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
Webhook

Hey @abdulkadir98,

Thanks for reaching out about this. You should be able to receive recording events when a recording is started in the Zoom Client.

If you’re not receiving Zoom webhooks, can you double check that:

• your webhook endpoint is publicly accessible
  • it sends a 200OK response upon receipt of payloads (if it turns anything other than 200, it could be silently failing)

Let me know when you have a chance—thanks!
Will

Hello @will.zoom,
Thanks for your reply. I have checked that my endpoint returns 200 OK response and that it is accessible. I subscribed to another event and my endpoint received the request but when there was no request body. The recording events webhook still does not send any notifications.

Hi @abdulkadir98,

Can you share the request or payload you received that didn’t have a request body? Can you also ensure that you’ve installed the app under the same account that your events are occurring under?

Thanks,
Will

Hello @will.zoom,
I am attaching a screenshot of my application logs where I am logging the payload but I’m getting undefined as the value. I have ensured that it’s the same account where I have installed the app

Thanks for an early response!

Hey @abdulkadir98,

Thank you for providing additional information. Would you also be able to share the line of code where you print Got Body: ${value}? I just want to make sure that the payload is being accessed as expected before we go down other routes of troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM,
Appreciate you looking into it. This is the code for testing the endpoint provided for the recording webhook

Hey @abdulkadir98,

Thank you for providing that code snippet. When looking into this, I saw that there is some Express configuration required before parsing JSON. Please take a look at the following links and let me know if that’s helpful.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks! That worked. I now receive payloads for ‘meeting started’ and ‘meeting ended’ events but still do not receive any notifications for ‘recording events’ which is really the only event I care about.

Hey @abdulkadir98,

Thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear that was at least partially helpful. It’s important to note that the Cloud Recording features require a Pro Plan or higher.

Please make sure that you meet the prerequisites listed in our documentation

Thanks,
Max

I see, I must have missed that when I was going through the docs. Thanks very much!

1 Like

Hey @abdulkadir98,

I’m glad to hear that resolved your issues! If you encounter any further issues or questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.