Live streaming language issues when using interpretation

We have just done a webinar with 5 languages (English, French, Spanish, Hindi and Arabic) and we streamed live to facebook live.

All went well, but we noticed the audio feed to facebook was the original “floor” language and not the language the host is listening to (i.e English) Therefore, the feed was useless unless you spoke 5 languages and only had limited participation. If the meeting is in one language, it is not a problem.

Solution: Change this live streaming audio to be able to be whatever the host hears, so if pick English, we hear the English interpreter?

Or is their another solution?

1 Like

Yup Collin, this is definitely an issue, but there is a workaround. What I do to send my interpretation to Facebook live, Youtube, etc is to capture the interpretation (on a second computer) using OBS. Then you can use a restreaming service (e.g. restream.io, etc.) to restream from OBS to Facebook Live, Youtube, etc. That way Facebook, youtube, etc. will show the intended language on the live transmission instead of the floor language. It’s a little bit more work but it is possible.

Hope this helps,

Serapis

2 Likes

Thanks, this is very helpful and just my challenge. But may I ask, what purpose the restream.io serves? Can’t I just stream straight from OBS? thanks again, Artis

OBS can stream to ONLY ONE platform. You have to choose between YouTube, Twitch, Facebook live, Twitter, and RestreamIO. You choose RestreamIO, and it will restream your screen to many more channels. In my case, I use RestreamIO to stream my content to Facebook and YouTube.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi everyone,

is there really no other solution than to capture the interpretation on another computer and using two different sofwares to re-stream?
Related questions: is it possible to live stream to Facebook in two different languages? Either on one Facebook account or two (which would mean two people streming - is that possible?) We are using the Zoom Pro licence with Webinar ad-on.

Thanks for your advice!
Evelina

Hey Evelina - did you find a solution to your challenge? I am looking to do something similar

Thanks,
paul
he/him

The first point to keep in mind is that you need one computer per language when capturing the interpreter voices.
After that, I would think one computer could both listen to Zoom with desired language chosen, and then capture that audio & video of Zoom with OBS or similar to send to the single livestream desired. Or if multiple platforms needed, use one of the previously suggested services.
I could be mistaken, but I didn’t get why a second computer was needed for that…