Live Streaming Stopped

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I’m making zoom app which is oauth app.
and I’ve set up the Event Subscriptions, see below screenshot.
I need live streams started/stopped events.
so I selected them.

When I try to start Zoom Meeting and live streaming.
my server get “meeting.live_streaming_started” event from zoom webhook.

but when I stop the live streaming, see below screenshot.
my server can not get “meeting.live_streaming_stopped” event from zoom webhook.

What am I missing some setting in zoom?
I need “meeting.live_streaming_stopped” event of webhook.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth / Webhook

Hi @hi.iamdenny,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Please note that this event will only be triggered if the meeting live stream is stopped via API. At this time, stopping the live stream from within the client will not trigger a Live Streaming Stopped event. (Our Live Streaming Started webhook, however, will be triggered via starting the stream in the client.)

Can you try using our PATCH Update Live Stream Status endpoint to stop the live stream and let me know if you see the event triggered as expected?

Having said this, we’re aware this is not ideal and that there should be parity between the expected behavior of the start and stop events—our team is looking into improving this experience going forward.

I hope this helps to clarify, but please let me know if you still aren’t seeing the events triggered after stopping the live stream via API.

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will.
Thanks for your answer.

Now I got it.
Please update the document about this story.

Thanks.

Hi @hi.iamdenny,

Thanks for confirming.

And thanks for the feedback. I will work with our team to see if we can make it clearer in the documentation that the Live Streaming Stopped webhook will only be triggered when the live stream is stopped via API. :slight_smile:

cc @shrijana.g

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.