Livestream integration error

Hey @tfetim, @fjones, @irwin.hdlife,

I have escalated this issue to the respective team to investigate. (ZOOM-161689)

Apologies this is happening, we will provide an update to the issue as soon as we can.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello! First post. I can post to FB Live and to Zoom separately. My FB stream from zoom works at first but then cuts out after 4-5 minutes completely. On Zoom it says “Preparing” (the Live FB feed), then cuts out. The Zoom meeting continues though; just the FB Live feed cuts out.

Here is the message FB posted to me: “The live video ended because we received the delete stream RTMP signal from your encoder”

I have no firewall up. I use a Macbook. I have no idea what to do. I use Chrome. Same thing happened in Firefox.

If anyone can help, I will be really grateful. Thank you.

Cheri

1 Like

Hey @CheriW, and everybody,

Our engineering team is looking into this. It appears it is an issue on Facebook’s end with the Facebook Livestream API. We are working on a solution. (ZOOM-161689)

As this is not related to the Zoom Developer Platform, I am closing this thread. Please reach out to support.zoom.us or facebook.com/help for further assistance.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for your response. Some of my friends have no problems utilizing Zoom to Facebook Live, and their videos do not come to a sudden stop like mine does. This makes me wonder whether there is a setting on my own computer (or Facebook?) that I am just not able to change because I don’t know what that is! Something from my end (or Zoom’s?) is telling the FB feed to STOP running after 3-4 minutes. If I could figure out what to do to change that, I would do it. I just have no idea what!

Best wishes,
Cheri

1 Like

We are having the same issue as others - We start the stream, and after several minutes it stops. This is with Zoom streaming to Facebook. This is the second time using this feature, and it has become a major problem with management.

1 Like

This is still a problem, and its been a problem for a long time. It seems like Zoom isn’t going to address this anytime soon…

Yet so many people have absolutely no problems going from Zoom to FB Live. It just makes no sense. I’m convinced that there is a setting that I could change if only I knew what it might be. Other friends say that for them sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.

We have been testing extensively on this issue at our organization. If you try to stream from Zoom, and choose the Facebook Live Producer, after 4 minutes, it ends the stream. Period. If you go Live with the old version, it does work past the 4 minute mark everytime. The only question is when Facebook will totally deprecate the old API for streaming to Facebook. Zoom support is useless - cannot call, cannot chat (Pro account) and a ticket I created nearly 3 days ago is unanswered. I understand they are crazy busy, but this is outrageous to paying customers who need help. This has become an urgent issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

Gpcsd, yes, I too have a paid account with extra storage no less, and I have had no response from them to my ticket either. It’s really not ok. I thought of trying the old version of FB video but as you said, they’re cutting it off soon, so I figured that the newer version must be better than the older version. Apparently I was wrong. The frustrating thing is that people who have tried to watch us on FB have probably figured WE are not reliable as WE are the ones whose feed on FB cuts out!!!

So I had the same issue last night where I could select the location to livestream on Facebook, but then it would not load. Logging out of Facebook and then back in did the trick and now it seems to be working fine again…

Same issue last night on facebook live: connects for 3-5 minutes and stops, paid zoom account. I was using the new facebook producer version. Today, I’ll test with both, and with youtube.

Any updates from zoom?

It was an embarrassing experience for me, and an annoyance for 30-80 potential customers. I’m guessing many will never be back.

Hi - I have an issue with connecting to YOUTUBE. I keep getting this error message: 400 Bad Request { “code” : 400, “errors” : [ { “domain” : “youtube.parameter”, “location” : “”, “locationType” : “parameter”, “message” : “No filter selected. Expected one of: mine, default, idParam, id”, “reason” : “missingRequiredParameter” } ], “message” : “No filter selected. Expected one of: mine, default, idParam, id” }

Please Help!!1

After a few hours of testing yesterday, I saw consistent results as gpcsd described:

1. Staying on the old api / connection interface on Facebook works fine.
  2. The new producer interface on facebook drops the connection after 3 minutes.
    • disabling the option to stop the live stream when the stream stops doesn’t help.
    • using a persistent / non-persistent stream key doesn’t help.
  3. Youtube works just fine.

I’m moving to Youtube until it’s fixed.

I’m having the same issue with FB live disconnecting after a few minutes. Have you come up with any solutions? I’m using a Mac as well. I’ve submitted a ticket, but at least I see I’m not alone in my frustration.

Hey everybody,

Our engineering team is looking into this. It appears it is an issue on Facebook’s end with the Facebook Livestream API. We are working on a solution. (ZOOM-161689)

As this is not related to the Zoom Developer Platform, I am closing this thread. Please reach out to support.zoom.us or facebook.com/help for further assistance.

Thanks,
Tommy