Login error for Pardot user syncing with Salesforce

Description
I am trying to integrate Zoom with Pardot sandbox. First, I tried using Salesforce SSO to connect them. But, when I tried to use a Pardot form to register people, they got created as Prospects in Pardot, but did not get added to the list of registered participants in Pardot. I was reading up on different forums and found that may be login through Pardot with a user that syncs with Salesforce with SSO will help.

So I uninstalled the app, installed it again and tried logging in using the credentials and API user key, but I am now getting an error that says Pardot authentication is invalid. I am assuming the email and password to be provided is of the Pardot user and not the Salesforce user.

Please help!

Error
Pardot authentication is invalid.

Which App?
Zoom

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Install Pardot App
  2. Grant Permission for Zoom to access Pardot
  3. Try logging in to Pardot using Pardot Account (Pardot user with identity licenses, syncing with Salesforce SSO)

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hey @events6 ,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Would you be able to provide some screenshots as well so we can nail down the issue? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for looking into my issue. I am providing the credentials for the Pardot user as shown in the screenshot below. This is a Pardot user that is syncing with Salesforce but has an Identity License. The password is correct, but I get an error from zoom. What could be the problem?

Regards,
Nidhi

Hi @tommy, I am trying to connect Pardot to Zoom via SSO (not in sandbox) and am running into the same error message. I’ve triple-checked that all of the permissions are correct in Salesforce and Zoom, but I still get the “Pardot authentication is invalid” message on the final step where I have to fill in my Business Unit ID. How can we get this set up before the Pardot enforcement date around April 15th?

Hey @events6 , @delaneyd ,

Can you confirm you have the prerequisites:

And have followed the authentication instructions here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Are you asking about the following:

• Zoom Pro Account with Webinar License - Yes
  • Salesforce Pardot account - Yes
  • Zoom admin account or role with these privileges: Yes - I am using the Owner/Admin Account
    • View Users
    • Edit Integration
  • Pre-approval of the Pardot app from the Zoom Marketplace - Yes

Regards,
Nidhi

Thanks @events6 ,

Our engineering team is taking a look at the issue. (ZOOM-265434)

I will report back once we find the root cause. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Just wanted to check with you if there is any update from your technical team on this issue.

I have now tried integrating Zoom with Pardot using SF SSO again, but I still can’t pull in the prospects from a Pardot form to lists mapped to Zoom for registered, attended and not attended participants. Also, on the webinar in Zoom, the number of registered participants does not increase on registration using the Pardot form. I have been following your documentation: Pardot

Please let me know how we can find a solution for this.

Regards,
Nidhi

Hey @events6 ,

I do not have any updates for you yet, but we are in the process of investigating this issue.

Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

We want to confirm if you configured the Pardot list in the Zoom webinars ‘More’ Tab, when you finished SSO authentication?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Yes, I have already mapped 3 Pardot lists to zoom which should get populated when someone registers, attends or does not attend a webinar. I have also selected Registration required for this webinar.

As I mentioned, when I used the Standard Webinar registration form from Zoom, the prospects get created in Pardot and also appear in the Pardot list. They also show in Total Registrants under Manage Attendees on the Zoom webinar.

But, when I try to do this through a Pardot form, neither the prospects get added to the Pardot list nor do they show under the Total Registrants on the Zoom webinar.

It would be great it your team can give priority to solving this issue since this is getting hugely delayed.

Regards,
Nidhi

Hi @tommy, sorry for the delay – for some reason, I didn’t get a notification that there was a reply!

To answer your questions:

• Zoom Pro Account with Webinar License - Yes
  • Salesforce Pardot account - Yes
  • Zoom admin account or role with these privileges: Yes
    • View Users
    • Edit Integration
  • Pre-approval of the Pardot app from the Zoom Marketplace - Yes

Still encountering “Pardot authentication is invalid” message on the final step where I have to fill in my Business Unit ID. Should I open a ticket with support at this point, or are you able to hop on a call? I am concerned that we are already experiencing rolling blackouts from Salesforce because we are not OAuth compliant due to this. Are other customers encountering this issue too? Thank you for your help!

Thanks @events6 , @delaneyd , for providing additional details.

We are on it, and working to resolve the issue.

I will keep you updated, appreciate your patience here.

Thanks,
Tommy

Since you are using Salesforce SSO to finish the authentication, you don’t need to add on ‘Credentials’ again, The ‘Credential’ is for login-only users who cannot use Salesforce SSO login to Pardot instance.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please email developersupport@zoom.us with a video of the issue.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I have been able to use the Salesforce SSO login through a SF admin user and install the Zoom app for Pardot in our Salesforce Sandbox.

But, I still can’t pull in the prospects from a Pardot form to lists mapped to Zoom for registered, attended and not attended participants. Also, on the webinar in Zoom, the number of registered participants does not increase on registration using the Pardot form. I have been following your documentation: Pardot

Regards,
Nidhi

Hey @events6 ,

Happy to hear you are able to login now.

Can you please send a video of this to developersupport@zoom.us so we can take a look?

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy, are you saying that even though I’m getting the error that the connector is set up successfully? From what I can see in the configuration panel within the Pardot app in the Zoom marketplace, I’m still using the login only method. Are you suggesting that because my login is SSO-enabled through Salesforce, that I won’t have an outage on Monday during the rolling blackouts that Pardot has planned for non-Oauth integrations?

Hey @delaneyd ,

We believe so, yes.

I am not aware of this Pardot blackout, can you share more about that?

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.