mediaCapturePermission doesn’t work in Zoom web app (reopen)

@chunsiong.zoom

I see. Let me ask some questions.

In this case which you have raised, the mediaCapturePermission API works as intended

I would like to check again just to be sure,
Is this a problem with the web client and not the SDK, though I am getting the error not support grant local record permissin with the mediaCapturePermission API?

I would recommend you to publish as soon as possible, as there is possibility your application might get flagged and taken down if someone flags this as abuse.

Do you mean that we should be able to provide the new compliance-compliant bot to non-web client users, but we haven’t, and that this would be considered abuse?
Do we have no choice but to publish it without waiting for the ZOOM-648764 bug fixes?

The responsibility does not lies in the SDK / Developer.
Zoom will need to add this feature on Web Client for Host.
There is no specific code changes or version change needed from your side when the feature is rolled out in near term.

After providing the new compliance-compliant bot to users, how will we know that the ZOOM-648764 bug is fixed beforehand?
We want to give users of the Zoom web client advance notice that the modal will now be displayed.

@chunsiong.zoom
hello, any updates here? :eyes:

Chun Siong: I’m not sure what this means. For the time being, for host who are on Zoom web client, they won’t be able to provide permission to record meeting. You should treat it as permission denied. As long as you get the message not support grant local record permissin, you should not record the meeting.

Once the fix is rolled out from our side, the host on Zoom web client will get a permission prompt to either allow or deny local recording.

@chunsiong.zoom
thank you for reply :slight_smile:
But I would like to confirm some things I don’t understand💦

I’m saying that you should stick to the original timeline as much as possible. If any user flags / report that your recording service is recording without explicit prompt, it will be flagged as abused and blocked.
Published apps allows us to facilitate communication with these recording related app developers, and resolve possibility of false positive reports.

Actually, Our Meeting SDK is published in Zoom App Marketplace, here.

But the new compliance-compliant bot, which uses the above App, is actually not deployed to our all users yet because the ZOOM-648764 bug will prevent many users who use the Zoom web client from using our service.

I would like to check again in light of the above,
can we deploy the new compliance-compliant bot to our users after ZOOM-648764 bug will be fixed? or we have to deploy as soon as possible even if the ZOOM-648764 bug is not fixed?

But the new compliance-compliant bot, which uses the above App, is actually not deployed to our all users yet because the ZOOM-648764 bug will prevent many users who use the Zoom web client from using our service.

In other words @kanata.koyama , are you saying that right now you are recording user’s meeting even without them giving your bot their permission?

@chunsiong.zoom
yes because the ZOOM-648764 bug will prevent many users who use the Zoom web client from using our service.
Also, is it possible to have a private chat for further communication?
I may need to give you inside information about our company.

@chunsiong.zoom
excuse me, could we have a private chat or could you check this comment?

can we deploy the new compliance-compliant bot to our users after ZOOM-648764 bug will be fixed? or we have to deploy as soon as possible even if the ZOOM-648764 bug is not fixed?

Of course, if there is a workaround for web client users, I would like to adopt it, but basically, I would like to deploy a bot with user’s permission as you said.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.