Meeting Participants "ID" is malformed for a UID | /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants

Greetings!

Description
When performing the following API GET call, I receive the list of participants as expected. One of the participants is not in the form of a UID as noted in the API guides: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/dashboards/dashboardmeetingparticipants

The API call is :

https://api.zoom.us/v2/report/meetings/[REDACTED]/participants

The result for the participant is below (note the names and email have been altered for security):

<participants>
 <id>[REDACTED]</id>
   <user_id>16783360</user_id>
   <name>First Name</name>
   <user_email>fname@luc.edu</user_email>
   <join_time>2021-04-21T22:26:19Z</join_time>
   <leave_time>2021-04-21T22:29:45Z</leave_time>
   <duration>206</duration>
   <attentiveness_score></attentiveness_score>
 </participants>

I have confirmed that this user is an active user within our organization.

Can you please review and let me know if I am querying wrong or if this is something that is incorrect on the back end?

Thank you and please let me know if you need more information to resolve this issue,
Sean Ohlinger

Hey @sohling,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m not sure why you’re seeing a that ID for the user so I reached out to our engineering team to see if they can offer any insight.

I’ll update you here when I have more information. (ZOOM-269988)

Thanks,
Max

Hey @sohling,

Thank you for your patience. Our engineering team got back to me and indicated that this is likely caused by an out-of-date Zoom client. Please make sure that participant is using the latest version of the Zoom client (5.6.4) and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks Max,

Good to know the possible cause and that we can get malformed data from the API. I have applied a patch on my end so the ETL does not fail when this happens.

I will contain the user if this continues.

Sean

I’m glad that helped, please keep us updated if you encounter any further instances of this after upgrading the client.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.