Meeting Passcode required after September 27th

Description
Recently received email that start September 27th meeting will require a passcode or waiting room. In the FAQ documentation https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360045009111 it indicates that meeting passwords will now be referred to as passcodes. Wondering if meeting invitation formats will be changing the wording from Password to Passcode when these security changes roll out?

We currently parse the password out of the meeting invitation matching Password (and all other language equivalents zoom supports) and then call the SDK join meeting with the password found.

Which version?
Windows SDK 4.6.21666.428

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device Spec: PC
  • Version 18363.900

Hi @damien2,

Thanks for the post. If this change is going to be introduced to the Zoom client, it is very likely that Zoom SDK will inherit the change. I believe this will be a very minor change. I do not have any insights at the moment, once I do, I will share more info here.

Cheers!

Hi Carson,

It appears that this change has already been rolled out. When creating an invitation through the Zoom client the invite now says Passcode:

Damien

Hi @damien2,

What is the Zoom client version you are using? I am using the 5.1.2 and I am still seeing “password” instead of “passcode”. Could you provide a screenshot?

Thanks!