Meeting SDK cross-account join policy

@yoon.conner Hi! currently our app used Zoom Meeting Web SDK version 3.6.1 to join external meeting generated from a third party.

Our Zoom app was published and is active already.

However when joining meeting, we received a message like this:
“Joining Meeting Timeout or Browser restriction
To join a meeting hosted by an external Zoom account, your SDK app has to be published on Zoom Marketplace. You can refer to Section 6.1 of Zoom’s API License Terms of Use
Error Code: 4011”

We tried to downgrade or upgrade Zoom SDK however facing the same problem.

Hi @yoon.conner , @elisa.zoom , We are having Zoom issue for our Production Users to join video calls. Could you please help us check this at the earliest ?

Hello @hmadmin
Thank you for bringing this up!
I will DM you to get app-specific details to assist you.

1 Like

Thank you, @yoon.conner . I have answered your questions in email.

@yoon.conner, I am facing the same problem mentioned above. My application is published and active but external users cannot join a meeting (Error Code: 4011). Could you please help me too?

Hello @brenokcc

Thank you for raising this! I will DM you to get app-specific details to help further.

Best,

1 Like

@yoon.conner , I would like to openly thank you for the support. After the correction, the problem was definitely solved.

1 Like

I need to do video soon
2024-09-29T04:00:00Z

Hi @yoon.conner I’m also experiencing 4011 errors, please could you help? Would greatly appreciate some help resolving this. Thank you

Hi @george5
Thank you for raising this issue. I will DM you for app-specific information to help investigate.

Best,

1 Like

@yoon.conner

Our application connects to Zoom meetings using Meeting Web SDK and also used oAuth to create meetings and join as host. The application is in production use since 2002.

We had two applications created in Zoom marketplace, one for oAuth and other for connecting to Meeting with SDK. oAuth application has been approved in 2022 and was re certified recently.

Meeting SDK started failing from last Monday and based on the Zoom dev forum post id 118007 (not able to link here), we resubmitted the application again for approval with embedded Meeting SDK option enabled. It has been approved last Friday. Meetings within the same account works fine. But still unable to connect to meetings using the client id c7x2W9deT_64EL_lJqM0bw for outside accounts.

Error
Fails with following error,

{
  "type": "JOIN_MEETING_FAILED",
  "reason": "Fail to join the meeting.",
  "errorCode": 200
}
1 Like

Hi @letsving

Thank you for raising this issue. I will DM you for app-specific information to help investigate.

Best,

HI @yoon.conner

We’re experiencing the same issue as @saravana . We have resubmitted our Meeting SDK app, which was already approved previously, so I’m unsure why the SDK is no longer working.

Is there any way to expedite the approval process, considering that it was already functional and we use the SDK Meeting app solely for the SDK key?

Hello @socialacademy

Best,

My app ITVSPlayer was approved on September 3, 2024 and just today stopped working… October 1st. It works if I host the meeting because I’m the app creator but it does not work for anyone else! This is urgent as we have customers waiting for this to be resolved.

Hi @ken.ebbs
thanks for reaching out! I will DM you for more information about your app to help you out with this

Any idea when someone will reach out to me?

Hey @ken.ebbs I sent you a DM yesterday and I just sent you another. Follow up there please

Hello @yoon.conner

We’re also experiencing the 4011 issue. Could you help us also?

Thank you.

Hello @dandi.darmawan

Best,