Migration to OAuth or S2S apps

Hello everyone,

We have been using Zoom at our school for a few years now, but recently, we received a notification that you will be updating the token and migrating to OAuth or S2S apps. Since I am not from the web development department, I have doubts regarding the complexity of this change, especially because we have an API integrated with Zoom in our system.

Can you help me?

What is the level of complexity for this change?** Is it something simple, moderate, or complex in terms of developers making this alteration in our code?**

other question is, **what would be the estimated hours required for this work? I need this information to determine whether the budget provided by the technology company aligns with this project or not, as I am not from the technical field and do not have a sense of the scale of this job.

I need these answers as soon as possible since the deadline is November 10th.

Thank you.

Hi @jeniffer.abegao
Thanks for reaching out to us!
It should be a simple change, the only thing that is changing is the way you generate the tokens, but the API implementation remains the same.
I am curious to know what integration you have that uses the JWT app type, is it an internal tool that developers at your school built? or is it a public integration?
If it is a public integration, you would have to reach out to those developers so they will have to make the changes on their end.

About the estimated hours, it depends on the previous question, if it is a tool built by your team and internally, it depends on the size of it and it’s components, but we do have a couple of sample apps that can help your developers (in case it’s internally built) and they can use as a guide.

Let me know if you have any other questions
Cheers,
Elisa